Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn! That's a solid effort @ozzybmx ! Other than the thumb, any other damage? Why cut the flap off rather than stick it down?

I had a similar one a long ways beack where me folding knife closed onto my thumb and cut all the way through (front to back) and all the way down to the knuckle along the edge of my nail. I wrapped it with masking tape as that was all I had. I stuck the flap down and it sealed up.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had a fishing hook go through my thumb late at night once. Couldn't reverse it because of the barb so I pushed it right through my thumb and out the other side to cut the barb off then unthreaded the hook. Taped my thumb up with some electrical tape and kept on fishing for the rest of the night, it hurt for a few weeks and luckily no infection.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a fishing hook go through my thumb late at night once. Couldn't reverse it because of the barb so I pushed it right through my thumb and out the other side to cut the barb off then unthreaded the hook. Taped my thumb up with some electrical tape and kept on fishing for the rest of the night, it hurt for a few weeks and luckily no infection.
Old man did the same, whinged about destroying a perfectly good hook.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

How good are fish hooks!?!?!?!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I dont like wearing a dressing for too long, cuts heal better in air and I hate having a skin flap that catches on stuff while it's healing. Chop err off ;)

That is not the advice I've been given when I have cut myself up.

Either way speedy recovery. The rest of that lattice isn't going to get itself down!

cammas

Seamstress
After not commuting by train for a couple months due to health and then a lack of motivation, I decided to take the train. Got all my stuff together and I roll out the door, 90% of it is on bike path but to get there I have to roll down my street which is a semi busy thoroughfare to the newer estates. It’s literally 3 blocks as I get to the first crossroad I see a twin cab stop at the intersection as I have right away, sweet they’ve seen me, um no!

As I live on small hill I was moving along, so it was a fist full brake to pull up in time, as they swung out in front of me I was up their inside, even though my lights were on at around 800 lumens and it’s a little chilly so I had my fluro jacket on :rolleyes: As they had tinted windows I couldn’t make any eye contact but either way, fuckin tradies!

cammas

Seamstress
After not commuting by train for a couple months due to health and then a lack of motivation, I decided to take the train. Got all my stuff together and I roll out the door, 90% of it is on bike path but to get there I have to roll down my street which is a semi busy thoroughfare to the newer estates. It’s literally 3 blocks as I get to the first crossroad I see a twin cab stop at the intersection as I have right away, sweet they’ve seen me, um no!

As I live on small hill I was moving along, so it was a fist full brake to pull up in time, as they swung out in front of me I was up their inside, even though my lights were on at around 800 lumens and it’s a little chilly so I had my fluro jacket on :rolleyes: As they had tinted windows I couldn’t make any eye contact but either way, fuckin tradies!
Oh and to top it off the train is running late due to issues with the previous train, but probably still quicker than driving after hearing the traffic reports on the radio.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The shocking stuff that's happened in Sydney the last couple of days is unimaginable. I cannot believe this is actually happening in Australia. Those poor people. And what makes it worse? These fucking moronic idiots in Western Sydney that saw it fit to hurt more people and break other people's stuff in the area around the church that the stabbing happened. You fools really need to ingest lots of poison.

cammas

Seamstress
The shocking stuff that's happened in Sydney the last couple of days is unimaginable. I cannot believe this is actually happening in Australia. Those poor people. And what makes it worse? These fucking moronic idiots in Western Sydney that saw it fit to hurt more people and break other people's stuff in the area around the church that the stabbing happened. You fools really need to ingest lots of poison.
Yep and as a USA correspondent said on the radio yesterday as saddened as he was by these events, he was glad that Australia made the gun law changes when they did, as if this had occurred in the US it would have been a lot worse.

Also the French dude on the escalator with the bollard deserves major praise, from my understanding he held him at bay, as behind him was children’s play area, full of women and children. He held him there until all of those people were safely evacuated, as they are now saying he was targeting women, it could have been a lot worse (as sad as that sounds) if was not for him slowing him down.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yep and as a USA correspondent said on the radio yesterday as saddened as he was by these events, he was glad that Australia made the gun law changes when they did, as if this had occurred in the US it would have been a lot worse.

Also the French dude on the escalator with the bollard deserves major praise, from my understanding he held him at bay, as behind him was children’s play area, full of women and children. He held him there until all of those people were safely evacuated, as they are now saying he was targeting women, it could have been a lot worse (as sad as that sounds) if was not for him slowing him down.
Ha! America and it's guns huh. Thanks America for your worthless opinion on the rest of the world and it's gun views.
And yes; the bollard guy did a solid. Thats the kind of person we want among us, not these tracksuit wearing brainwashed religious dickheads that are that bored with their angry world that they don't need much incentive to fire up. That isn't Australian, take that shit to a place that's already torn to pieces by shit attitudes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Very sad indeed when much of it could have been prevented in the first place. The govt is doing a full investigation after the fact, how about they do a full investigation into mental health before the fact and why someone with years of severe mental illness was left to their own devices?

Minlak

custom titis
Very sad indeed when much of it could have been prevented in the first place. The govt is doing a full investigation after the fact, how about they do a full investigation into mental health before the fact and why someone with years of severe mental illness was left to their own devices?
One of the problems with mental illness in particular is they stop taking their drugs when they feel better - so you have thousands of people that should be ok as they are on correct medication and they are just not.

I have actually stayed away from everything but headlines on this even as I just can’t bear to read into it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
One of the problems with mental illness in particular is they stop taking their drugs when they feel better - so you have thousands of people that should be ok as they are on correct medication and they are just not.

I have actually stayed away from everything but headlines on this even as I just can’t bear to read into it.
The guy was basically living out of his car for the last few months, isolated from any type of support network, and probably couldn't afford medication, most of them end up self-medicating with cheap illegal drugs to make things worse. He was left to fend for himself with his own devices, he was medically diagnosed with schizophrenia so I would imagine getting a stable job and keeping friends would have been near impossible as most people distance themselves from these types of people.

The health system in Qld needs to do better I think.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yeah, what was the go there with the mob around the church? I assume they were supporters of that Church? Was there any explanation given for smashing up the street?