Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Correct. NPWS is required by the RFS enabling legislation to maintain its fire trails to a certain 'standard'. Obviously, the Blue Mountains is worthy of some sort of superhighway... probably due to too many neighbours or some shit.
I expected a bit of local outrage.

They haven't been happy about the new airport flightpaths crossing over a heritage listed conservation area, but seem fine to pave the shit out of the fire trails that they have been grading for years anyhow.

Oh well.... I would have thunk someone up there would be keen to lie in front of the bulldozers for a while.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
can they really make a durable surrface of the oaks trail? that broken down sandstone washes away under a wet fart. going to be one hell of a paving job or it just becomes an urban freeride course before spring

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Idiot dog owners. Throwing a ball.in the park with the kid and a large German Shepard runs up jumping and snarling at is. Kid was terrified and had to grab him from running away to get him behind me. Luckily a parkisde house called us to get in their gate and were very kind. Went out the street side of their house and their neighbour showed us where that dog had bitten him.

There's 3 large fenced off leash parks within 10 minutes walk, and this was the third dog in 20 minutes we were there that the owners had walked in and immediately let their dogs off leash.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
The whole MCU universe schtick...... and bear with us.....

The whole thing started with what, Tony stark being a super genious (like Elon musk..... but smart( and they've {they being a bunch of kvnts} tried to build this universe).... and on it went with "the avengers" and honestly, if you feel the needs to correct us... join a long, long line..

As soon as some space aliens broke through into "earths reality".... shit on this planet would have ended it all... thanos would have looked at the glass covered radioactive as sh*t planet and thought..... well, dont have to account for those f*ckers...

Religion and its intertwined with politics sweaty two backed beast as it is on this planet would have just started the collapse....... all major religions would have to of had a major realignment, and well, catholics and prodestants? shiites and sunnis... the fact one country (amerika) had been f*cked over by some intergalactic force and survived because of "super" people.. unless there was some geographical reason that there was some f*cked up sh*t causing them to exist in just amerika....

but no.... life just seems to be a background noise to the MCU...... oh, and the other one what ever it is... the one with superman and that fish guy.

s

p.s. back to indian movies with serious dance moves....

cammas

Seamstress
So I’m trying to find a noise on the Trance, so I hung it up on the stand and spin the back wheel to see a massive wobble and a bit of a hum. Looking at the the wheel I found a broken spoke, bugger, maybe it’s due them being only 28 spoked. So I get the factory wheel swap over the cassette being microspline it’s a complete pain, so I realign the rotor and shift through the gears to hear a noise of clicking. Now as I investigate it I find it’s coming from the cassette, looking further into it, it’s the third smallest cog with a bent tooth, so I slowly straighten it up, get it shifting smoothly and quietly.
Okay did I find the right noise, nope, start the morning commute and there she goes again, now I don’t know if it’s speed related or if it’s the front rotor, so guess what I’m doing when I get home tonight :rolleyes:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
So I’m trying to find a noise on the Trance, so I hung it up on the stand and spin the back wheel to see a massive wobble and a bit of a hum. Looking at the the wheel I found a broken spoke, bugger, maybe it’s due them being only 28 spoked. So I get the factory wheel swap over the cassette being microspline it’s a complete pain, so I realign the rotor and shift through the gears to hear a noise of clicking. Now as I investigate it I find it’s coming from the cassette, looking further into it, it’s the third smallest cog with a bent tooth, so I slowly straighten it up, get it shifting smoothly and quietly.
Okay did I find the right noise, nope, start the morning commute and there she goes again, now I don’t know if it’s speed related or if it’s the front rotor, so guess what I’m doing when I get home tonight :rolleyes:
Don't you hate mystery noises.
I had one pop up on my new Stumpy. I started to notice this bird like noise when I went past this certain corner when I was doing my Relay Ride for Life laps, and each lap, I would get this same noise in the same place. I thought it was a bird in the tree I was disturbing. It was late in the night, and everything was quiet, so I tried not pedalling on that corner and the noise went away. Later that week I did a big epic ride with a mate and this noise came back and become more consistent. I could have sworn it was coming from the front brake or headset. In the end my mate who was following me said that each time my left leg was at the lowest point of the crank swing, that's when it would make the noise. It was driving me crazy by the end of the ride. Ended up being my left pedal. Pulled the Nukeproof Horizon pedal apart and it was totally cooked, and the other side wasn't much better. Seeing that Nukeproof had just gone under with Chain Reaction and I could only get parts from the UK, I declared them junk, they were 8 years old and had done a good job, and I bought a new set of trail XT pedals.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Had a mystery squeak here too. Low speeds, generally climbing. Rear rotor is oh so slightly not straight, so oh so slightly rubs the pad.

It does my head in because as I I'm climbing i know my brakes are rubbing

Minlak

custom titis
Wait til you realise your old and the mystery noise is YOUR joints !!!!