Little Things You Love

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
riding out of Glenrock today on the EEbyke , passed an old fella pushing his Levo..asks if my E is reliable (Giant Trance E+1) as he has just blown his motor.
to which I reply, "yeah mate, never missed a beat"
feel for the old bloke, he's not going to make it out of there alive, mozzies are at biblical proportions out there at the moment.
I guess that's what you get when you spend twice as much on a BigS Levo!
Isn't that what Turbo mode is for? Chuck the bloke a tow rope and haul him outta there? :p

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
LTIH
went to use my digital multimeter this arvo to check the battery voltage of some RC car batts for the boys tomorrow , didn't turn on?!
proceeded to unscrew the back cover only to find one of the batteries has leaked and eaten all the plastic inside the back cover..FFAAARRRRKKK!
wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't my spare for work and cost more than some of my bikes!..I could probably rebuild all the cracked plastic bits using my plastic welder but Fuck, when did all batteries become shite?.This rarely happened when batteries were made in Japan!

Update from a few weeks on.
did a bit of plastic welding, bit of extreme dremel'ing and a visit to jaycar
and It Lives!....yay

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
LTIH
went to use my digital multimeter this arvo to check the battery voltage of some RC car batts for the boys tomorrow , didn't turn on?!
proceeded to unscrew the back cover only to find one of the batteries has leaked and eaten all the plastic inside the back cover..FFAAARRRRKKK!
wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't my spare for work and cost more than some of my bikes!..I could probably rebuild all the cracked plastic bits using my plastic welder but Fuck, when did all batteries become shite?.This rarely happened when batteries were made in Japan!

Update from a few weeks on.
did a bit of plastic welding, bit of extreme dremel'ing and a visit to jaycar
and It Lives!....yay
View attachment 359400
Good save!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The camo DMR was my favourite from the article. Although after seeing the first 2 bikes, I was disappointed that the next 2 weren't throwbacks as well.
The new Yeti was impressive in its detail, but kinda ugly IMO (I never got into the purple anno, and it looks awkward against the grey to me).

The Nukeproof looks bright and fresh, and the DMR looked cool but a bit too much shiny orange for me.

The Ibis - well, they tried... :p