Little Things You Love

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I'm not immune to the joys. Although the most fun I had on a dirt bike was as a teenager on a race prepped CR80 with a very very silly powerband on it. The DR500 with a busted decompression valve was fun too, kick starting it was not.

But - out somewhere like Moab or anywhere really, all that noise just seems obnoxious.
Yeah they really pissed of all the other people out there.

I can’t count how many hikers I’ve made super angry over the years riding in the watagans and out at mudgee/lithgow.

edit: I can however count how many crazy horse womens I’ve pissed off. God damn crazy horse ladies are on another level of crazy.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah they really pissed of all the other people out there.

I can’t count how many hikers I’ve made super angry over the years riding in the watagans and out at mudgee/lithgow.

edit: I can however count how many crazy horse womens I’ve pissed off. God damn crazy horse ladies are on another level of crazy.
Obnoxious to be on top of, not just to anyone within a 5 mile radius.

If you've ever been on a spooked horse you'd understand... It's not fun - the brakes dont work for shit and the steering is erratic.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Obnoxious to be on top of, not just to anyone within a 5 mile radius.

If you've ever been on a spooked horse you'd understand... It's not fun.
Yes. Very obnoxious and not at all fun.

That’s why I pull over and let em pass? Still copped a few earfuls. Turn bike off, give em the trail, queen fuckwits start mouthing off about me, cause I’m riding legally in state forests on registered bikes. Crazy horse people are fucked regardless of how you try and spin it. Not all horse people are crazy, but the ones that are, are a special crazy.

Haakon

Yes. Very obnoxious and not at all fun.

That’s why I pull over and let em pass? Still copped a few earfuls. Turn bike off, give em the trail, queen fuckwits start mouthing off about me, cause I’m riding legally in state forests on registered bikes. Crazy horse people are fucked regardless of how you try and spin it. Not all horse people are crazy, but the ones that are, are a special crazy.
Yeah, well there are crazy annoying people everywhere... Ever met an Ebike rider? Pricks the lot of them...

Yeah, I’ve encountered horses on dirt bikes, hit the kill switch and pull in the clutch as soon as you see one, but they’ve heard you coming long before you see them and are pre annoyed. Oh well. So long as the horse doesn’t actually spook and bolt they’ll get over it.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
If you ride a dirt bike within hearing range of somebody else in the bush then quite simply you are a selfish arsehole. I've got a mate that lives near Lancefield in the Cobaws. Every weekend it's from dawn to dusk. To make it worse they have no respect for private property, when he puts up gates to stop them they rip them out and either steal them or just throw them in the bush.
You might enjoy making noise in a quiet place but nobody that doesn't ride dirt bikes wants you there.

Haakon

If you ride a dirt bike within hearing range of somebody else in the bush then quite simply you are a selfish arsehole. I've got a mate that lives near Lancefield in the Cobaws. Every weekend it's from dawn to dusk. To make it worse they have no respect for private property, when he puts up gates to stop them they rip them out and either steal them or just throw them in the bush.
You might enjoy making noise in a quiet place but nobody that doesn't ride dirt bikes wants you there.
I grew up in the bush and we had pretty common problems with bogans on dirt bikes on the fire roads around our property. I never owned one and never got into it for mostly the reason they were so hated. Ridden a few bikes belonging to mates every now and then and it was fun in its way, but I was always happier on my full rigid steel Repco mountain bike :)

Had a mate who was into guns and i didn't get that either.

Maybe the advent of electric dirt bikes will make them a little more socially acceptable.

Haakon

Guns are just as bad out where my mate lives, The bloke next door to him pushed up daisies and left his property to the Sporting Shooters Association.
Shit, thats bad... And now he cant even sell because who wants to buy land next to gun nuts :(

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My van! After finally putting the anti-damping material all through it, then replacing all the smashed internal panels and a floor and carpet it is 95% less rattly (Well just the wheel arches in the back to go). I think a new set of tyres down the track should quiet it down a lot as the commercial ones it came with drone.

Attachments