Little Things You Love

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yep. I wasn’t optimistic about this…but then, I listen to too many true crime podcasts.
This is awesome news indeed.
Same. The odds weren’t in her favour but that is amazing news. Don’t want to think about what she’s been subjected to over the past few weeks but glad she’s alive and hope she has a great life ahead of her.

moorey

call me Mia
Same. The odds weren’t in her favour but that is amazing news. Don’t want to think about what she’s been subjected to over the past few weeks but glad she’s alive and hope she has a great life ahead of her.
Hopefully:
-Found before too much trauma. With all the attention, perp(s) may have been laying pretty low.
-Young enough that any trauma won't be too life altering.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Hopefully:
-Found before too much trauma. With all the attention, perp(s) may have been laying pretty low.
-Young enough that any trauma won't be too life altering.
Yeah, hope so.

Would like to get a posse together to deal with the online trolls that harassed the parents.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, hope so.

Would like to get a posse together to deal with the online trolls that harassed the parents.
It sounds awful, but there's a disproportionate number of these that involve immediate family. People are chunts though, and they have no right to assume any of that and be dicks online when the family was/is going through so much.
Saw a news clipping Earlier where the Sunrise wanker was talking about rings of pedo's in Carnarvon. Dude has zero idea what's going on, and the family doesn't need to hear that.

Minlak

custom titis
It sounds awful, but there's a disproportionate number of these that involve immediate family. People are chunts though, and they have no right to assume any of that and be dicks online when the family was/is going through so much.
Saw a news clipping Earlier where the Sunrise wanker was talking about rings of pedo's in Carnarvon. Dude has zero idea what's going on, and the family doesn't need to hear that.
The real tragedy of our time is giving everyone a voice on social media :(

moorey

call me Mia
The real tragedy of our time is giving everyone a voice on social media :(
Absolutely. I honestly think that at least, the anonymity needs to be basically removed. Fuck privacy, if you're not prepared to say something as yourself, maybe don't say it at all. I've never hidden my identity online, it's got me in hot water a few times, but people who completely hide behind their computer shouldn't get equal voice in destroying lives.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Absolutely. I honestly think that at least, the anonymity needs to be basically removed. Fuck privacy, if you're not prepared to say something as yourself, maybe don't say it at all. I've never hidden my identity online, it's got me in hot water a few times, but people who completely hide behind their computer shouldn't get equal voice in destroying lives.
Sadly I think alot of it comes from people who aren’t hiding. They’re just happy being a chunt and believe nothing will happen because there’s a bunch of other chunts doing the same thing. Not nearly enough defamation action being taken against online trolls.

moorey

call me Mia
Sadly I think alot of it comes from people who aren’t hiding. They’re just happy being a chunt and believe nothing will happen because there’s a bunch of other chunts doing the same thing. Not nearly enough defamation action being taken against online trolls.
I haven't followed ANY commentary on this particular story, but I suspect you are right unfortunately. Still fuck anonymity.

moorey

call me Mia
Last 4 rides have had no Strava or tracking of any kind.

Just riding. No checking times on sections afterwards. No gold medals or comments or thumbs ups or comparing with Freds who did more/less KMs than me...

#FeelsGoodMan
Good man. Yes, I use a free app purely to keep a record on my distance and elevation over time, but never had strava, and honestly have zero interest in how I compare to others.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Last 4 rides have had no Strava or tracking of any kind.

Just riding. No checking times on sections afterwards. No gold medals or comments or thumbs ups or comparing with Freds who did more/less KMs than me...

#FeelsGoodMan
I found it wonderfully freeing ditching Strava :)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Dealing with that right now. Keyboard Hero won't say anything to our faces but is quite happy to shit-can us on a chat group.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Three gorgeous baby beepers. Seems like the meat I have been feeding the parents have allowed all the babies to survive. No disability or anything. View attachment 382452

moorey

call me Mia
Good luck...I told him this a few months back ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Mum's been feeding the local breeding pair (and the one pair prior) for about the last 20-25 years now. The current pair would be at least 15yo IIRC. She feeds them beef mince mostly with calcium added. In more recent years she's also been mixing in a little dog food, and adds crushed up eggshells during the breeding season. She generally just feeds around 1tsp of food each when they turn up rather than leaving a bunch of food out. She feeds them too often IMO, but it doesn't seem to have done them any harm. I still prefer the Butcherbirds, as you can throw the food high in the air and they perform all kinds of acrobatics trying (and usually successfully) catching it. They did go through a phase where they'd "accidentally" miss the catch, pretend they couldn't see where the food had dropped, get another piece thrown to them and then collect the dropped piece as soon as they thought you weren't looking anymore. I went back to just throwing the one piece and if they dropped it it was their problem. Their catching skills improved very dramatically. Cheeky buggers. Interestingly the Magpies typically "tenderise" the meat on the ground, with obvious preference to somewhere it picks up a little dirt (particularly the female, and even more so during breeding season). Must be so they get/keep all the digestive bacteria they need I suspect (I doubt they understand the science behind it, but they obviously know they need to do it...)