Little Things You Love

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
LTIL: new shiv day. Yes it's a knockoff.
My other half cancelled the 700 dollar order :mad:
View attachment 400221
I think the original only comes with a black nitride finish on the blade, and black handle.
Is this the one where you press the black button both sides of the handle scales (which then pop open, and the blade can swing inside and it locks?

So your other half cancelled the order??? WTF?

safreek

I think the original only comes with a black nitride finish on the blade, and black handle.
Is this the one where you press the black button both sides of the handle scales (which then pop open, and the blade can swing inside and it locks?

So your other half cancelled the order??? WTF?
It was sort of an agreement to cancel the real knife in exchange of a knock off. I was asked if I picked up enough hitchhikers to warrant that kind of expense compared to buying old bikes. Common sense weighed in.
Was hoping to get this with the left over money, probably a scam of some sort but if I could of picked it up , not postage it would of been sweet. Missed getting it of course

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It was sort of an agreement to cancel the real knife in exchange of a knock off. I was asked if I picked up enough hitchhikers to warrant that kind of expense compared to buying old bikes. Common sense weighed in.
Was hoping to get this with the left over money, probably a scam of some sort but if I could of picked it up , not postage it would of been sweet. Missed getting it of course
Maybe that was a good one to miss out on. The bike was dirty, so it would have been hard, if not impossible to tell if there were any cracks in the carbon frame, and frankly, it could have been a stolen bike, as old mate could have got a new rear hub, if that was supposedly the deciding factor to keep or sell. Sold, so a moot point, but a fkn sketchy story, IMO.

safreek

Agreed, as one of those saddos who keeps an eye on old Mojos (and old crap Intense frames too, hmu) that one is way too cheap. That generation lists (and sells) for around $1200-1800.
I once saw one for around 6 or 7 hundred so thought it may have been a fair price but that may have been dodgy as well.
My plans were to put a normal wheel on it, hopefully get the rohloff fixed and flog the hub off and get a free bike. As stated though, some bastard beat me to it

indica

Serial flasher
LTIL - well, after ripping the water out of the house the shed slab and driveway look really good, well happy actually.
The bill will suck the arse of a dog with the shits but that's life I guess. 12 metre driveways are not cheap

safreek

Correct, pretty cool idea really.
Ordered on the 1st and got here today. That's mad quick from China, faster than Australia post these days
IMG_20230608_195533.jpg

Attachments