Little Things You Love

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Harvey Norman selling discontinued HP tablets for $99 (RRP $500). Well, not so much that but rather the fact that there are queues round the block of people trying to buy them despite the fact that it's universally regarded as a piece of shit and it's demise means that it will get about as much new software as Gary Glitter gets birthday party invites.

If people are really that obsessed with getting a bargain, I think I've got a Betamax VCR kicking about that I can let you have for $20...

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bananas at $6.98/kg
That should be in the LTYH thread! I used to eat 2-3 bananas a day back at 99c a kg. $6.98 is ridiculous! I'm now ~7 months bananaless.

Lost my shit at Hew's post :pound:

P.s. There's a town in QLD called Banana, Banana is in the Banana shire, there's no bananas in Banana or the whole Banana shire.

darsh

Likes Dirt
That should be in the LTYH thread! I used to eat 2-3 bananas a day back at 99c a kg. $6.98 is ridiculous! I'm now ~7 months bananaless.

Lost my shit at Hew's post :pound:

P.s. There's a town in QLD called Banana, Banana is in the Banana shire, there's no bananas in Banana or the whole Banana shire.
Only last week they were about $15/kg !
And,a rellie of mine was mayor of Banana shire

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I've reverted to Banana Chips to get my Banana fix, $4 for a 500g bag. Banana Chips, another little thing I love.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Harvey Norman selling discontinued HP tablets for $99 (RRP $500). Well, not so much that but rather the fact that there are queues round the block of people trying to buy them despite the fact that it's universally regarded as a piece of shit and it's demise means that it will get about as much new software as Gary Glitter gets birthday party invites.

If people are really that obsessed with getting a bargain, I think I've got a Betamax VCR kicking about that I can let you have for $20...
Yeah but if your computer litterate, i'm sure a hack will pop up which will allow you to shoehorn android into the touchpad. At $100, I would have bought one if I had had the money today. Pretty funny that they canned the thing in a week though.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah but if your computer litterate, i'm sure a hack will pop up which will allow you to shoehorn android into the touchpad. At $100, I would have bought one if I had had the money today. Pretty funny that they canned the thing in a week though.
according to the article in todays Age:

Reviewers panned the device, which faces tough competition from the iPad and several Google Android-based rivals.

Some liked the webOS software but hated the hardware. Indeed, HP's own webOS team reportedly hacked an iPad 2 to run webOS and found it ran twice as fast on Apple's offering than the TouchPad.

Most reviewers said they could see no reason to buy the TouchPad over its competitors given that it is physically bulkier than an iPad and the nascent webOS platform has hardly any support from app developers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/digital-li...9-in-a-week-20110822-1j63s.html#ixzz1VkWk4VAx
Even if you're computer literate, it looks you've still bought a lemon.

Still, I suppose you could use it for other things like:

A wicked set of placemats for the dining table (You would need to buy 4)
Showing off to your vacuous advertising and merchant banking colleagues by using it as a boutique coke mirror.
Placing it inside the lining of your jacket to reduce the risk of death when under sniper fire.
Creating a drive-in cinema for hamsters (you will also need to buy toy cars.)
Trapping General Zod + his two weirdo mates (actually, this would be worth paying $99 for as he is quite the scallywag)
A Step-Aerobics step for dwarves or people who just can't be arsed lifting their legs too high

I suppose it does have a few uses but I still can't see paying $99 for instant obsolescence as being good value...