Little Things You Love

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit load of noisy white cockatoos in the yard and the 'hood. Watering the garden thing what a racket.
Two Apache helicopters then fly over my house and proceed to roam the neighbourhood, scaring away the cockatoos, and any Taliban in the area.
the beautiful music the little monsters make...

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're keeping Hamel quiet this year, but it's still interesting that they've brought Apache's over - I didn't think the exercise was that big.

It's a huge undertaking, deploying a squadron with a machine that complex...

kwikee

Likes Dirt
They're keeping Hamel quiet this year, but it's still interesting that they've brought Apache's over - I didn't think the exercise was that big.

It's a huge undertaking, deploying a squadron with a machine that complex...
They've got heaps, so a couple to Australia for a few weeks wouldn't be missed! Would love to be able to just see some footage of the exercises, a doco or something. Or maybe send them over Melbourne for an hour or two...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They've got heaps, so a couple to Australia for a few weeks wouldn't be missed! Would love to be able to just see some footage of the exercises, a doco or something. Or maybe send them over Melbourne for an hour or two...
I know they've got heaps, but the logistics train involved with getting them here, setting them up, keeping them running/armed - it's crazy and just for a little old Australian exercise!

I guess it's good though, to have that interoperability between the two countries. Now why did we go for the Tiger ARH instead of Apaches... The Brits managed to get better Apaches than the Americans, but a whole lot less.

binner

Hath shat hymself
gov jobs

LTIL: long service leave.
yes my friend ...it it a LTIL.... i still have half of mine left and accumulating ...i love it.
Are you going to use it all up in one go or do the spread thing like myself :joyous:

welcome to the club, did you get a watch,pen,card,coffeee card..etc from your place of employment for the hard 10 years and what you have given to the company......:loyal:

mtb1611

Seymour
yes my friend ...it it a LTIL.... i still have half of mine left and accumulating ...i love it.
Are you going to use it all up in one go or do the spread thing like myself :joyous:

welcome to the club, did you get a watch,pen,card,coffeee card..etc from your place of employment for the hard 10 years and what you have given to the company......:loyal:
Spreading it out mate; I've taken 2 weeks off at this time for the last 3 years and still have the best part of 5 months banked.....and with 16 years still to work, the accumulation continues! In terms of material acknowledgement, nada!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Man, I racked up LSL after 5 years of service.

LTIL - Upcoming honeymoon on a 5 star Fijian Island.