Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
yeah I know, being Chinese I've grown up eating them in soups and everything under the sun.

The funny thing is, I was force fed them when we were trying to have kids. One belief is that eating these things will make you have male offspring.
How did that work out for you....given the 50/50 odds?

mekros

Likes Dirt
1st one was a boy via IVF (IVF favours boys due to the chemical washing or some sort of science mumbo jumbo). We were using the Goji berry diet because of the pride associated with the first born being a boy.

2nd one (unplanned) was a boy too, I wasn't even on the Goji berry diet.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
1st one was a boy via IVF (IVF favours boys due to the chemical washing or some sort of science mumbo jumbo). We were using the Goji berry diet because of the pride associated with the first born being a boy.

2nd one (unplanned) was a boy too, I wasn't even on the Goji berry diet.
I always felt sorry for girls in China, especially rural china where the traditional culture is still strong. The casual sexism is horrible however they were quite often the more valuable member of the family unit (no drinking, smoking or gambling for starters...).

LTIL = being able to play a Tool song for the piss break during a course I have to run for my team.

This one of course.

[video=youtube_share;QSvtGQUqldA]https://youtu.be/QSvtGQUqldA[/video]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIL = being able to play a Tool song for the piss break during a course I have to run for my team.

This one of course.

[video=youtube_share;QSvtGQUqldA]https://youtu.be/QSvtGQUqldA[/video]
That is a ripper track. It would've been nice to hear it played on the aenema tour.

LTIH - none of my tool songs play on spotify anymore.

FKY
MJK isn't much of a sharer...

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Got a new smart TV that has a mic in the remote for voice control, I wanted to bring up a stoner band called Space Slug. TV now has "spice slut" in its history.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I'm aware of the irony after previous complaining about UPS in the LTYH thread but...

Got home from work to find the little info card telling me I'd missed the UPS courier, I wasn't fussed as I know I'll be home all day tomorrow to receive it. Was about to head out at 5pm and opened the front gate just see a UPS van drive past. To my surprise the bloke actually pulled over and jumped out. He told me even though there was no one home earlier he figured he'd come past his way home to try again. Absolute top bloke and now I don't have to spend my entire Tuesday at home waiting for the doorbell to ring.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm aware of the irony after previous complaining about UPS in the LTYH thread but...

Got home from work to find the little info card telling me I'd missed the UPS courier, I wasn't fussed as I know I'll be home all day tomorrow to receive it. Was about to head out at 5pm and opened the front gate just see a UPS van drive past. To my surprise the bloke actually pulled over and jumped out. He told me even though there was no one home earlier he figured he'd come past his way home to try again. Absolute top bloke and now I don't have to spend my entire Tuesday at home waiting for the doorbell to ring.
Don't forget that guy at Christmas time. Good couriers are hard to find.