Little Things You Love

Flow-Rider

Burner
I just thought they were relaxing to watch. Do they taste alright? Turtle doves used to be eaten yeah? At Christmas time?
I've eaten plenty of Quails but never Pigeons, some older people have told me that they have eaten them around the old war era. Pretty sure a lot of countries overseas still serve them up but I think Australians see them more as rats of the sky.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've eaten plenty of Quails but never Pigeons, some older people have told me that they have eaten them around the old war era. Pretty sure a lot of countries overseas still serve them up but I think Australians see them more as rats of the sky.
Ive seen it served up here in restaurants. It's usually called squab. I've not taken up the chance but I'll get around to it. Australians tend to keep the animal kingdom plate options pretty narrow.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ive seen it served up here in restaurants. It's usually called squab. I've not taken up the chance but I'll get around to it. Australians tend to keep the animal kingdom plate options pretty narrow.
The quails are OK to eat but there's not much meat there and you end up chomping on the thin bones. I like eating Ostrich, I've only eaten it a few times but it tastes alright.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If you ever get a chance, try Crocodile. It's like chicken, but a little sweeter and juicer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They quails are OK to eat but there's not much meat there and you end up chomping on the thin bones. I like eating Ostrich, I've only eaten it a few times but it tastes alright.
Quail is great except all thr fucking around. Their eggs are good too.

Ostrich is much easier to carve up. So is emu.

Pheasant is on top of my list of birds to eat. Just don't come across it often enough.

If you ever get a chance, try Crocodile. It's like chicken, but a little sweeter and juicer.
It is good.

@Boom King where can I meet this woman?

@stirk that's a pretty sweet offering. Low ball them down a bit and you're set! Is this Enfield place a gasser filled shit hole? Or paradise waiting to happen?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Pheasant is on top of my list of birds to eat. Just don't come across it often enough.

It is good.
Poodle native or European? I found emu way too strong in flavour. Snake is ok and the long nosed, long tailed, short legged water spaniel I tried tasted fishy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Poodle native or European? I found emu way too strong in flavour. Snake is ok and the long nosed, long tailed, short legged water spaniel I tried tasted fishy.
Are you saying we have native pheasants? I didn't know. I'll eat whichever I get ghe chance to. I saw a green one while snowboarding in Japan this year. It was a very magical moment. They are a beautiful bird.

Paradise in waiting....
Better than a paradise lost...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheasant_coucal

We have a couple at our place. Dumb bastards of things. Beautiful though.
Today I learned stuff. They do look awesome.

Any one tried Cockatoo's, got a heap at my place ?

View attachment 344650
This is the conventional recipe for them:
- 1 bird cleaned
- 5 litres of water
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 fist sized stone.

Boil all ingredients in a large pot until stone is soft. Discard bird and eat stone. I've got a cook book of early colonial recipes. Apparently they are a shit bird to try and eat.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Today I learned stuff. They do look awesome.

This is the conventional recipe for them:
- 1 bird cleaned
- 5 litres of water
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 fist sized stone.

Boil all ingredients in a large pot until stone is soft. Discard bird and eat stone. I've got a cook book of early colonial recipes. Apparently they are a shit bird to try and eat.
I've enough kidneys stones without eating them

These ones have been raised with good protein, they eat all my pecan nuts every year.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Corellas come through and strip my Illawarra plums every season. Never eaten a single one. They don't even eat all the fruit but nothing is left.