Little Things You Love

slowmick

38-39"
LTIL - mowing the lawn.
For someone who sits at a desk all day signing bits of paper and filling out computer screens there is a shit load of joy in seeing a result at the end of 3 hours. My mind wanders off to all sorts of weird places walking back and forth with the ear muff on. it's as close to zoning out on a mountain bike i can get while still earning brownie points.

I figure it is the best DIY you can do, it requires very little to no skill and if you stuff it up it's all better in 3 weeks.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I also don't mind it - my rescued Flymo H40 gets the job done and its quite satisfying to watch it spin as it clips

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I found it pretty torturous, the very few times I bothered. I love the no lawn life I've got now! Though I noticed some things appearing through the cracks recently...going to burn them out with boiling water.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
LTIL - mowing the lawn.
For someone who sits at a desk all day signing bits of paper and filling out computer screens there is a shit load of joy in seeing a result at the end of 3 hours. My mind wanders off to all sorts of weird places walking back and forth with the ear muff on. it's as close to zoning out on a mountain bike i can get while still earning brownie points.

I figure it is the best DIY you can do, it requires very little to no skill and if you stuff it up it's all better in 3 weeks.
When I do this on the tractor I usually end up in a tree.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Mate's brother reckons lawns are a government conspiracy to keep people busy . They spend all their time mowing and watering and no time for learning or protesting. Look at the french, they don't have lawns!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
LTIL - mowing the lawn.

Your lawn isn't big enough then. By the time I've finished hand mowing 1/2 acre I'm well over mowing. Then there's the whipper snipping to go...

slowmick

38-39"
Mate's brother reckons lawns are a government conspiracy to keep people busy . They spend all their time mowing and watering and no time for learning or protesting. Look at the french, they don't have lawns!
I'd spend a day a year mowing lawns. That adds up over a life time. Probably better for me than spending that day on rotorburn...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hmmmmm, you guys mean to tell me physical excercise and time in the sun is good for ones mental health? I don’t believe you.

Even I enjoy yard work, and I spend zero time at a desk playing with pens.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Hmmmmm, you guys mean to tell me physical excercise and time in the sun is good for ones mental health? I don’t believe you.

Even I enjoy yard work, and I spend zero time at a desk playing with pens.
Valuable time that could be spent riding.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Doing an online exam via my remote login for a work qualification with zero study on account of being sick AF, and winging a pass.

woo :)

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Sounds like my school/tafe career. Except I was usually half tanked at tafe on account of $10 lunchtime jugs at the local pub.

And I spent too much time skipping school to ride instead of being sick.

Either or I fluked it and still manaed to test okay haha!