Little Things You've Learned

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
That you can actually train your body to tolerate large amounts of chili on the way IN.
But no matter how hard you try, you cannot train it to tolerate it on the way out.

rone

Eats Squid
That you can actually train your body to tolerate large amounts of chili on the way IN.
But no matter how hard you try, you cannot train it to tolerate it on the way out.
Strangely topical. Had severe food poisoning Sat/Sun after consuming Habaneros on Friday evening. Fun going in, less so during evacuation.

My arse looks like a brake light.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And it burns, burns, burns, that ring of fire........the ring of fiiiiiiiire......

NCR600

Likes Dirt
"Thanks for cooking dinner honey, but why are you furiously washing your cock in the sink???"
In my case, it was "why are you pouring milk on your penis?" Trust me, soap just moves it around so your whole gentleman's member burns.

I learned this through hard experience!

For this reason, don't take it for granted that washing your hands has actually washed all the capcaisin off. Wear gloves when handling chillis, particulary really strong birdseyes, or Habaneros or hotter.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
In my case, it was "why are you pouring milk on your penis?" Trust me, soap just moves it around so your whole gentleman's member burns.

I learned this through hard experience!

For this reason, don't take it for granted that washing your hands has actually washed all the capcaisin off. Wear gloves when handling chillis, particulary really strong birdseyes, or Habaneros or hotter.
I hear yoghurt works a treat

scuba05

Likes Dirt
magnetic north is slowing changing so some geeza said that the earth may completely change in direction which will most likely just tare the place apart
It is true that in the distant future (talking many hundreds of millennia) that this will happen, and it will pretty much mean that humanity is up shit creek. Cant remember the reason that the poles will reverse (something to do with the domains of the iron in the ground or something), but it will happen at some stage.

All that bs on the doco is just to scare the living shit outta people so they go out and buy supplies.

Y2K anyone?

PS I didnt watch the propaganda..i mean documentary, but have heard reports of what it was about

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've learned cutting your inner conch's out to a higher gauge is safe and heals quicker then piercing it.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I've learned no matter how much money I spend and no matter how decent something I own is, there is always a better, more modern, more expensive, more desirable version just waiting for me to discover - and lust and salivate and sell my soul over - it. Consumerism rules over me like a plague.

Last edited:

Arete

Likes Dirt
I've learned cutting your inner conch's out to a higher gauge is safe and heals quicker then piercing it.
I've got both my upper ears dermally punched to 00ga. I've also taken someone to the hospital with arterial bleeding from their upper ear after having an ear punch go horribly wrong (in a professional studio, done by a professional piercer).

Generally, a larger gauge piercing allows for better drainage during healing and thus heals faster, yes. Describing the dermal removal of large chunks of pinnate cartilage by a person with no medical training as "safe" is misleading at best. It has significant risks above and beyond those of a simple piercing - but generally if an experienced piercer who knows what they are doing carries out the procedure, it can be done with minimal complications. It hurts like an absolute motherfucker though and complications during ealing are more likely than with a simple piercing.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That pedal where the clutch should be on an automatic car is not a clutch and you should not treat it like one.

I was a bees dick from making good friends with a wall today after jumping into a customers car whom was disabled and only had one leg.

Also, a strong hand shake will get you far.

Last edited:

rumblefish

Likes Dirt
Never lean over a toilet with a mobile phone in your shirt pocket.

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
That even amongst close friends, and as innocent as it may be, it is never ever appropriate to say the words 'Smell my finger'.

mtb1611

Seymour
That my parents were right about most issues on which we disagreed and that the ability to see things so clearly comes only with age and experience and the raft of successes and failues that accompany it.

Nevertheless, seeing your own parents in grandparent-mode will frustrate the living schieze out of you!

Last edited:

Xplor

Likes Dirt
That i well and truly hate my generation. Bunch of dicks that don't care about the public and being nice people. Don't offer seats to people older then them in public transport nor help, and have NO COMMON sense. I try my hardest to do the complete opposite. Man i wish i was born in a different generation.

So what ive manly learnt from this;

COMMON SENSE IS NOT VERY COMMON!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
That i well and truly hate my generation. Bunch of dicks that don't care about the public and being nice people. Don't offer seats to people older then them in public transport nor help, and have NO COMMON sense. I try my hardest to do the complete opposite. Man i wish i was born in a different generation.

So what ive manly learnt from this;

COMMON SENSE IS NOT VERY COMMON!
Unfortunately old fashioned values don't really apply these days, unless you are conversing with a baby boomer or older.
Please, Thank you, and your'e welcome are words fast becoming scarcer.
It's a shame, but it's up to people like you and me to make sure that our kids grow up respecting the value of these things.

One thing I have learned is how important it is in this detached society to get to know your neighbour. Community is very important. Take 5 and have a chat.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Also, a strong hand shake will get you far.
Absolutely agree, nothing worse than getting the 'limp fish.'

Little things I've learned:
- "Up & Go" is not a good breakfast before any form of exercise.
- When planning for a multi-day bike ride, never forget to put water on your list.