Locking of FreeRider 2 Thread.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's degressed to the point of having nothing than utter crap being posted.
With the number of new user's signing up merely to post shit, bag other users and put no effort into their tracks, I think the simplest option would be to merely lock the thread. I see there being very few, if any tracks worth riding anymore and there is no positivity coming from it.

If players still wanted tracks they can always go back to it, but I really don't see it as being worth tolerating. I very rarely visit the thread, as I very rarely have time to kill nowadays, but I think the problem needs to be addressed.

Sorry if this could have been put somewhere more appropriate, but I thought that it would have most exposure here to the members whose opinions count.

Thoughts?

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
yea i agree there are entire forums dedicated to it go there and post tracks

MY 2C

peace todd:D

Trenton

Likes Dirt
I entirely agree, there are a lot of randoms joining this site just to play free rider tracks!!! If you type in free rider 2 tracks on Google, Farkin is the third link!!! I used to use that thread a lot but now since every things going wrong all the time like arguments happening, people drawing unnecessary objects on tracks ect. It just wrecks the fun of consistently moving your fingers left, right, up and down on the direction keys?!

So yes locking the thread would be a good idea.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Way to many 0 posters at the moment.
Yet if you lock it someone will only make another one
Exactly. Better keep all the shit in one thread, rather than have it clog up our lovely farkin. It's not like anyone's forcing you to read the thread or ride the tracks mate.

Nub

Banned
It's not like anyone's forcing you to read the thread or ride the tracks mate.
Nieve much?

The thread is there for people who WANT to play the game, they WANT to ride other peoples tracks and they WANT to read the thread. The thread is there for a reason mate, theres no point it being there if its not being used to its full potential.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
i totally agree

i don't understand why people have to send there tracks in stages like, "its not finished yet, but have a look" then several other variations that are just the same crap. THEN after 10 useless posts they send "my finished track"
THEN they send stuff like "my track edited":mad:

grrrrr

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
It would be good if only REAL farkin members posted (not all these 0 posters).
Why? Because all the 0 posters tracks are absolutely crap!!
So I'm for locking the track, if you want to play freerider go onto the proper forum..

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heh, I was about to say "Why don't we implement a system where you have to have ~10 posts to post?"

I need to go to bed...

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
Bit stupid but here is my idea:

We change the name of the thread to something completely unrelated so that it doesn't come up in Google. That way, only regular members of farkin will realise what has happened, all of the stupid 0 posters won't know what is going on (unless they read this :eek:)

Anyway, what do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

James

Ror

Likes Dirt
Im pretty sure that you would have to do more that just change the title for that to work. Google doesn't just rank the search results by a title match, it has something to do with how many other websites have links to that page.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Nieve much?

I'm not quite sure what you actually mean by quoting me, and then saying that mate.

This thread is about as petty as it gets guys. It's only 1 thread. If you don't like it, don't read it. I don't ask for every second thread to be locked just because I don't like it.

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
10 posts before you can post in off topic discussion forum maybe?
just and idea:rolleyes:
But if they're really keen in getting into our offtopic they'll just post random shit like "wH1cH b1Ke shUld i G3t mannn??"
Most of these freerider 0 posters don't ride, If you lock the thread they will eventually just leave and go to the REAL freerider forum.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
But if they're really keen in getting into our offtopic they'll just post random shit like "wH1cH b1Ke shUld i G3t mannn??"
Most of these freerider 0 posters don't ride, If you lock the thread they will eventually just leave and go to the REAL freerider forum.
But if they had to make an effort of doing 10 posts then they would probably just go to the real freerider thread anyway...
They could always make it like the trading access type thing which we have to apply for... none (or barely any) of the 0 posters would be bothered or even know how to apply for it...
But that would get annoying and be lots more work for the mods having to accept everyone (unless everyone with more than x amount of posts gets automatically accepted:rolleyes:)

But i guess it doesnt matter the game gets pretty boring quickly anyway so they might as well lock it