Locking of FreeRider 2 Thread.

brynDH

Likes Dirt
it would be good to keep all the crap posts out of that thread but if you do the people who post crap will......
A) start posting in a new thread
or B) start a whole new thread on their own and clog that up with crap.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would anyone being opposed to a new thread being opened called "freerider 2 O posters only"
This way we could contain them all in one area and the normal freerider 2 thread could be left alone for us?
probably to many threads for the same purpose.
if you want good tracks go up to about 150 mark, beyond there i starts to turn to poop.

P.S. i've got a fair few decent tracks in there, also i recomend lachlan30's tracks.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Would anyone being opposed to a new thread being opened called "freerider 2 O posters only"
This way we could contain them all in one area and the normal freerider 2 thread could be left alone for us?
I only wish it was that simple :rolleyes:
We can make a new one and for the first 10 pages it will be 0 poster free, but the 0 posters somehow found the freerider 2 thread, who will say they won't find the new one. And it is 1 thread per-topic in the rules.

If you search freerider 2 forums on google farkin is the first thing to come up :(.

Willy6

Cannon Fodder
it would probably work out better if do it the other way around, keep the thread unlocked. make a new one if you wish lock it and only let users like you guys in it. sound good??

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
it would probably work out better if do it the other way around, keep the thread unlocked. make a new one if you wish lock it and only let users like you guys in it. sound good??
Won't work.

The first 150 pages are all good but then after then its just crap.
Mate, it only just broke the 80 page barrier, you can change your settings to read up to 40 posts per page.

I call lock THIS thread. Bloody hell guys. I've seen less bickering in a year 8 class room.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I call lock THIS thread. Bloody hell guys. I've seen less bickering in a year 8 class room.
agreed. the problem has been disscussed and discussed, now its time to act. stop talking about it, and cope with the thread as it is, or at the most just create a 0 posters thread

its a good idea, ... mods?

tim_d

Likes Dirt
how would it be enforced though? i mean how what would stop the zero posters posting in the main thread and make them go to a special thread made for them?
In would be a good idea if it worked... but i can't see it working.

The only way i see it working is if we have to apply for "off topic access" same as trading and they only accept people who dont mention freerider 2 maybe?
And somehow make people with over say 50 posts automatically get access so the mods dont get a shitload of extra work approving nearly every member...
It shouldnt be a problem because at first people join to talk about bikes and what to buy anyway and then after they've been here a while post in off-topic...
just another idea:rolleyes:

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
So? The only reason I joined was so I could post about my stolen bike, but I hung around for kicks, and have been here ever since.

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Hey, Just an idea.

But would changing the name of the thread, but not removing it, mean that farkin would not come on google if you typed freerider 2.

Because it seems all these 'zero posters' are finding farkin through google.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Hey, Just an idea.

But would changing the name of the thread, but not removing it, mean that farkin would not come on google if you typed freerider 2.

Seems like a good idea (if that's how Google is caching it). There's not much mention of the word "freerider" inside the actual thread. So it could work.

I'm all for keeping it open. The thread keeps all the 'crap' in one spot and has probably reduced the number of pointless threads because a lot of kids are now busy making tracks and killing time in a way that doesn't cause frustration to other members who are wanting to talk MTB in General Discussion or debate over politics, economics or camera equipment in Off Topic Discussion.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, Just an idea.

Thats a damn good idea. Brad of sydney? what would it be changed to?

thompo

Likes Dirt
it might be worth while just deleting the whole thread. I've lost intrest in the game over time and its only really nice to play and design your own track. Also there is plenty of sites where you can upload and share your tracks out there. Might get rid of the problem.

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
I'm against locking the thread, just changing the name and filtering out "freerider" the word. Just like Johnny did during the Tibet protests.

hazza37

Likes Bikes
i dont think it should be locked because its not doing any harm, and as others have said, it keeps the crap in one place. i personally have given up on it though.

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Okay, how bout we keep the thread open but get very vigilant about banning and possibly blocking 'nuisance' members. I propose 2 warnings for '0-posters' and 3 for actual members.

Stop your bitching bout locking this thread. :)
I don't actually think that any mods have contributed to this thread, so I'm not sure who would take this action, but perhaps a senior member of Farkin could be 'promoted' to mod for this particular task.
Without the other inherent responsibilities of taking care of the site, this job would be very easy.

Just my thoughts, I'd like to know peoples thoughts, mods in-particularly.

Cheers