L'officiel Le Tour 2010 Thread!

timedward

Likes Dirt
Are you for real? My whole team structure was built around it! :mad::mad::mad:
Prologue doesn't count, neither does the TTT! Ahh it seems I didn't read all the rules either. End of the race points for general classification are only awarded to your original squad.....I have no GC guys in my starting squad!! I was depending on transfers!

Bodin

GMBC
Tour de Crash

Wow, there was some carnage on the streets of Bruxelles. Ale-Jet the victoire.

Robbie had no excuses in the final straight for not being able to get past Thor for 3rd position - he just doesn't have a top end any more. He's not slow, but he doesn't have that final explosion that he used to have.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
What carnage - the tour always throws up surprises. That last one that blocked the finish straight - lucky no oneseriously hurt.
Have agree re robbie - but good see him top 5 anyway. Cav may be fast but his bike skills leave bit be desired - looks like he caused his own crash.
Why do idiots take their dogs to watch road bike races???

Bodin

GMBC
Cav may be fast but his bike skills leave bit be desired - looks like he caused his own crash.
Yeah, I was wondering if that was him. If that was the case, he seems to be damaging his reputation pretty much every time he gets on a bike these days.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I was wondering if that was him. If that was the case, he seems to be damaging his reputation pretty much every time he gets on a bike these days.
I watched it last nite. The slow mo vid has Cav losing his line around the corner and taking out Freire and couple others. Looked like Cav just couldnt handle corner - rest peleton got thru it, they all knew it was coming. He sure knows how to make friends.
Had another look at cadels prologue - you're right Bodin,in comparison to other GC riders he much better off. Pressure already on schleck,basso - hard get time back on contador (barring contador mishaps)

Bodin

GMBC
Tour de BP_style_oil_slick_on_the_road

That was nuts. Pretty much every major contender in the bunch hit the desk on that descent - some of them more than once. Crazy.

I was pretty pissed off that Cancellara forced a "no sprint" at the end and I think the organisers are in danger of Cancellara becoming bigger than the race. After all the bullshit he threw at Cadel last year and then controlling the bunch today (COMPLETELY to the advantage of his own team), he seems to think that winning the prologue a few times gives him the right to make decisions about the whole race.

Needs to STFU - I'd have more respect for Jens. At least he works for more than one day every 3 weeks.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
That was nuts. Pretty much every major contender in the bunch hit the desk on that descent - some of them more than once. Crazy.

I was pretty pissed off that Cancellara forced a "no sprint" at the end and I think the organisers are in danger of Cancellara becoming bigger than the race. After all the bullshit he threw at Cadel last year and then controlling the bunch today (COMPLETELY to the advantage of his own team), he seems to think that winning the prologue a few times gives him the right to make decisions about the whole race.

Needs to STFU - I'd have more respect for Jens. At least he works for more than one day every 3 weeks.
Agreed, he really does show his inner princess sometimes.

Must be that motor hidden in the down tube making him soft. :p

jumpers

Likes Dirt
About time someone whacked Cancellera - just because he wins prologue and tt he now runs road racing????
Jens is such a legend...maybe Cancellara should take leaf out of Jens book.
Such a chaotic stage and with cobbles tonite there is more to come. Bet everyone lookn fwd to wed to fri flat stages for a break from treacherous conditions.
Hope anyone but Cancellera wins tonite. I predict Thomas Voekyler will mount a breakaway................and fail.
O Grady for win tonite

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
To me it looked like it was a group decision to not contest the sprint finish and as the wearer of the yellow jersey it was Cancellaras job to inform the race director of the pelotons decision. Once that decision had been made and ok'ed by the R/D no sprint should have been initiated even though that clown from AG2R (I think) tried it on.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Fabien started the no race at about the 40km mark when the schleck bros went down - fair enough to slow down to let crash riders rejoin but why not start racing again? Thor wasnt too happy about it either....once the peleton had rejoined why not race? Fabien has bit princess about him

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
To me it looked like it was a group decision to not contest the sprint finish and as the wearer of the yellow jersey it was Cancellaras job to inform the race director of the pelotons decision. Once that decision had been made and ok'ed by the R/D no sprint should have been initiated even though that clown from AG2R (I think) tried it on.
I agree !!!!!
It was not Cacellara's position to call the shots, only to inform the RD what the rest of the major players had agreed upon.
Little bit similar in many ways to GP bikes when the race leader will call halt to the racing if it begins to rain when they are all out there on slicks.

All the same I fail to see why the race to the finish was neutralised after everyone came back together. Maybe some of the "big boys" were hurting more than they let on.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I dont think you become one of the worlds best sprinters with poor bike handeling skills. Cavs problem is that he takes risks, he does stupid things to win and sometimes it goes wrong.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Good day at the office for Evans, made up some on Contador.
Stage win by Thor, also good to see after yesterdays non event.
Solid effort by Armstrong to make it back after puncture.
Bit of carnage to keep it interesting although wasn't happy to see Gerins go down hard.
Don't think Vino deserved the spray about his selfishness at the end.
Fair enough he has a rep for riding for himself but he was the guy towing Contador along for the last 25km before Contador had bike problems in the last 500m or so.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I dont think you become one of the worlds best sprinters with poor bike handeling skills. Cavs problem is that he takes risks, he does stupid things to win and sometimes it goes wrong.
He's an ex trackie, so he has trouble going around right handers.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Great stage last night, really exciting stuff.

Cadel now has a full minute on Contador, 30 seconds on Schleck and 2 minutes on Armstrong.

I think we're going to see some huge attacks coming from Saxo, Astana and Radioshack when we hit the mountains in a couple of days.

I'm quietly hopeful that this may be Cadel's year. Imagine that, an Australian wearing the world champ stripes winning the tour. Now that would be worth seeing.