Looking for Riding mates in Melbourne

lawrancesimpson

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys,

I have recently moved to Melbourne from Queenstown, NZ. My DH bike will be here in a week so I want to meet up with some people to ride with. I have a car and will be doing some missions to the YouYangs in the near future. Also if you know of any good spots near Melbourne would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Shredden

Knows his goats
You Yangs is good, but please for the love of god do NOT judge Victorian downhill by it.

I would recommend these few places amongst others, if you need any more help feel free to PM me, happy to send you a google maps and directions or whatever:

- Narbethong (Public)
- Mt Beauty (Public)
- Mt Buller (Public w/chairlift)
- iRide Apollo Bay (Private w/shuttle on some weekends)
- Maldon (Public)
- Mt Taylor (Public)
- Mt Baw Baw (Public)

They are all amazing trails. PM me if you need anything at all, happy to help.

JaylikesDH

Likes Dirt
I'm based in Essendon, just down the road from Flemington

You Yangs will be the easiest to get to on a regular bases from Flemington

lawrancesimpson

Likes Bikes
Only got my DH bike and in the process of building a DJ/Street bike so don't know if I will be up for Road/XC.

Does anyone know if the YouYangs close access at all during the winter?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Only got my DH bike and in the process of building a DJ/Street bike so don't know if I will be up for Road/XC.

Does anyone know if the YouYangs close access at all during the winter?
Not at all, holds up exceptionally well in the winter months actually.. unless we have ridiculously heavy biblical rainfall like we have seen over the past couple years, but nowhere riding related or otherwise can withstand that!

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please please please go to the you yangs a few times before riding other tracks around Victoria. You'll get a nice surprise.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

I have recently moved to Melbourne from Queenstown, NZ. My DH bike will be here in a week so I want to meet up with some people to ride with. I have a car and will be doing some missions to the YouYangs in the near future. Also if you know of any good spots near Melbourne would be great to hear from you.

Cheers
Im heading to the YouYangs this Friday. Last Long Gully night tomorrow too. Will be keen to look for other stuff around Vic over winter, just moved here myself. You Yangs has some good stuff to get your eye in so to speak, with some tech stuff too.....

Steve337

Cannon Fodder
Riding

Hey mate I've only recently moved to melbourne and Im keen as to find some one to ride with, cant go quite as hard when your going solo. I work shift work so I have random days off, but let me know when your keen and if im not working I'll be in for sure.
Just finished the DH series in Vic so I know were all those tracks are that were mentioned earlier
Take it easy
Steve S

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Hey mate I've only recently moved to melbourne and Im keen as to find some one to ride with, cant go quite as hard when your going solo. I work shift work so I have random days off, but let me know when your keen and if im not working I'll be in for sure.
Just finished the DH series in Vic so I know were all those tracks are that were mentioned earlier
Take it easy
Steve S
What are you up to this Thursday/Saturday? How'd you go at maldon? didn't get there myself so would cool to check out that track if it's any good..