Looking for: weekday downhillers in Wollongong

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Hey dudes,

Evo man, the crash happened at no friends at the end of the waterfall section. I came off chest/hand first into a boulder and had massive swelling on my right palm. Xrays came back and its all good though :D

Sorry to be a lamo but i wont be able to ride this weekend. John, Strauss and I are going to go to Kembla on Monday to do a little bit of a look around.

If anyone is interested just post here

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha Carl.. its pretty tricky that bit hey.. i take it you were doing it with some pace up?

I wont be riding this wknd either guys. Neck's a bit stiff still.
Need to go find another car after mine being totalled.

Wknd afterthough keen as!
Even lithgow again ha

But ill be down wollongong this wknd.. going out sat night if your all around!

mace2109

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the welcome guys, look forward to meeting up with you all.
Will post again shortly when I get/find my bike....
cheers:)
Mace

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Written off! man just realised what you was saying!! Are you alright? not too badly shaken? Hope you get a nice insurance payout of some sort..

And on the waterfall incident, you know it. Was going too fast and skirting along the very edge of the rocks, hahahah. Oh well, next time ill go even faster.

Lithgow next weekend, what an interesting concept!!!

Do tell.. you know i didnt see one stack that day! Always my shuttle or something :mad:

On another note.. some dickwad indi-pak-wank did a no right turn today, blind by a truck right in front of me = subaru wagon.. WRITTEN OFF! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(if you didnt guess from the above.. im very pissed)

so whos free this wknd as im keen to take the anger out on the bike :cool:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im off from the 24th for 2 wks. And will be local this year, except for 30th/31st/1st/2nd.

Nick what yr model is your rodeo? Sounds like you have everything pretty sorted for it! Cant wait to see it!

strauss

Likes Dirt
does this mean im out of the group because nik has a better and much cooler shuttle mobile than the van..:(..?? lol

what is the plan for this monday, tue and wednesday?
nik evo you guys should take a sick day.

Was going too fast and skirting along the very edge of the rocks,
would not of happened on the glory carl.. would of shown those rocks whos boss.. LOL :D

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
does this mean im out of the group because nik has a better and much cooler shuttle mobile than the van..:(..?? lol
yep, pretty much... unless you change shifts... haha...

I cant afford to take any sickies this week, But lets try make something happen this sat 20th. Unless there is some sort of delay with my rack, we should be sweet as far as a shuttle vehicle goes.
Any suggestions on where?
I would be keen so see Kembla, but if thats not good for anyone, Im just as happy for keira. Im just keen to ride, I've been only riding XC the last few weeks.

evo,
Its 2003 LX 4WD RA...

strauss

Likes Dirt
i will be keen nik but can only do afternoon if ya keen to ride later in the day..
no need to worry if ya don't have the rack, my van don't need no rack.. the van will always be cool...lol

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How late we talking sat?
Im flying back from brissi at 130pm on sat, only thing but ill need to get down to the gong somehow.

I put a new white seat on the dhi, ie: 2.2 seconds off my time.
Doesnt have a vivid so will never get over the 5 second mark.. ;)

Let me know if anyone can give lift (chuck in for fuel out of your way).. im keen to kick all your asses! :cool:

wolf2560

Likes Dirt
hey im going to be down in the gong from the 5th for about 2 weeks:D so if u have any going at that time cause i want to see the tracks and ride sum
so pm me or something if u guys r going around then thx :cool:

wolf

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
So Sat arvo...

What time? and where?

edit:
Carl, saturdays not looking to good....
Strauss is bikeless...
EVo, I can give you a lift from sutho, but not from newtown.

Im still keen to ride, Im free all day so carl if you know anyone else who can ride, maybe we can do the morning?

Last edited:

mace2109

Likes Bikes
Hey Nik,

Nice looking rigs mate (bike and ute;)), how many bikes you reckon you can get on that rack? - thinking of ideas myself for 05 Navara...

Is that a steel or painted pvc pipe (the black one), I guess you could put some of that foam insulate from Clark Rubber over the thing if you get worried about scratches etc.

I finally found my Enduro Expert, should be delivered this week, can't wait to get it and hit the mountains.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
how many bikes you reckon you can get on that rack? ...

Is that a steel or painted pvc pipe (the black one), I guess you could put some of that foam insulate from Clark Rubber over the thing if you get worried about scratches etc.
I rekon I'll get 5 bikes on, I've not tried yet... theres only three bikes in my garage to practice with, The whole bar is aluminium i think... The top bar I covered in foam from clark rubber and then gaffa tape.. It looks a bit gettho up close, and the foam I bought is a bit to soft, prob wont last very long, but it will do for now and when its wears out I'll go to plan B

mace2109

Likes Bikes
aah hah very nice,

I think i must see this setup in the flesh to appreciate - I finally got my bike (woot) took it for a ride to Carrington falls with 2 mates, fmd had a pain in the arse time trying to secure three bikes with ratchet tie downs - NEVER AGAIN!
The bastards were rolling over every time the front wheel angle changed....stuff that.

I like the simple and effective plan.....(ghetto rocks;))

So, now I got a ride, maybe I will catch u's soon?