Lucas Heights/Menai Trail building

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, im guessing this is a DH track yes? If so I'd be interested in coming to check it out. But I live a fair distance away over in Kurmond so I will only be over there when my mum goes there.. :(
Could someone please post up the location of this track, or PM me instead? :cool:

Thanks, Sacha.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Lol Sacha, asking for someone to post directions is useless, just ask for a pm. If I end up getting a ute tomorrow I could take you out to a few mad tracks sometime man.
Right-io.
Sick man, what ute are you getting? Defs going to some tracks man im itching for another ride.

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd post this up here.I was out doing some DH runs today at "The Ridge" and met the CEO of the local aboriginal land council.He asked if I was aware that I was on private land to which I replied no.Apparently a lot of the trails in the area are on "Gandangara" land and they are going to be looking at ways to manage what is happening out there.He was a nice guy and said he'd pretend he didn't see me and gave me his card.I continued to enjoy my riding but he did return later with about 6 other people and proceeded to show them around that whole area and was telling them what was going on with all the tracks etc. and that they would be looking at ways to manage what was going on.I hope this is good news for us that ride there and not bad but it definitely looks like things could change.......Any ideas what we could do next?....I do have the guys e-mail.....Cheers.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Any ideas my good man or maybe this problem relates to your sig ie; there is no easy solution to this....:confused:
Well yeah, its not particularly easy. part of the problem is that that vast tract of green land bounded by Heathcote Road, New Illawarra Road and the Georges river is covered in lines and owned by a vast variety of different land managers. From the top of my head they include Gandangarra (essentially private property), ANSTO, The Tip (WSN or whatever their name is this week), NPWS, Sutherland Council, Whiterock Quarry, possibly some crown land and some private landholders.

So a single trail could cross multiple land tenures which is a major headache.

Sorry, no real solutions there, just ideas of why its tough to do advocacy out there.

Check out the Sutho council maps website if you are interested its pretty cool. https://mapping.ssc.nsw.gov.au/Sutherland/

You'll have to zoom in almost all the way to see the yellow property lines but it will give you an idea whats there.

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that info dcrofty.Seems like you have your head around that whole area.Might just sit tight for now and see what happens.Cheers mate...:)