Lunch cutting on sales.

moorey

call me Mia
I reckon, and others I have spoken to agree, that when an item is listed for sale, if you're interested in it, respond in the thread. By all means, pm as well, but it shows a pecking order.

I know of numerous times, someone has come in late, pm'd (to a lazy unresponsive seller, or someone too busy to check every hour....or people with a life), cut people's lunch by offering pick up or something, and snatching it out from other who asked to buy earlier.
Im not saying seller has to sell to the first person inquiring, they may be lowballing, or the seller might think they are a chunt and not want to deal with them, but if someone replies with 'I'll grab those .... please, pm coming', they generally should have first dibs. (This is unrelated to my interested in a stem recently, btw)

This shouldn't be a problem in a forum like this, where we generally consider ourselves as a community, and it shouldn't be required, but I just think it adds a bit of transparency to the process, and doesn't leave buyers feeling like they were shafted.

Personally, I'm applying this to my sale items.

Just throwin it out there...

Minlak

custom titis
I go by time stamps.. If you replied first I reply to you first. I also try to make my intentions clear in the sale thread by posting there as well as sending a PM. I used to just reply in the thread but missed several items as the seller read his pm's first.

moorey

call me Mia
I go by time stamps.. If you replied first I reply to you first. I also try to make my intentions clear in the sale thread by posting there as well as sending a PM. I used to just reply in the thread but missed several items as the seller read his pm's first.
Yes, but you are ethical. This isn't aimed at those who are.
This is more about another unscrupulous trader on here, and a couple of his or her recent antics, but for example, with the stem I was looking to buy recently, I replied on thread, someone else later replied and also said they were sending pm. Seller only looked at pm, not thread. He didn't do the wrong thing, he just didn't check thread, and this isn't about him anyway.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I disagree!..first with the cash gets the prize
how many times have you had stuff for sale , only to be left hanging by an interested party, and had to ignore subsequent offers from late comers with cash in hand ready to go!
if you walked into a store and saw a red hot deal, but someone else was looking at it ready to purchase. they then said that they had no money on them and would have to go to the bank to get some.
What would your next move be?

Pastavore

Eats Squid
It doesn't happen to anyone else Moorey, people just don't want to sell to you because you're an arsehole.

#closethread

moorey

call me Mia
I disagree!..first with the cash gets the prize
how many times have you had stuff for sale , only to be left hanging by an interested party, and had to ignore subsequent offers from late comers with cash in hand ready to go!
if you walked into a store and saw a red hot deal, but someone else was looking at it ready to purchase. they then said that they had no money on them and would have to go to the bank to get some.
What would your next move be?
The fuck? That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I reckon, and others I have spoken to agree, that when an item is listed for sale, if you're interested in it, respond in the thread. By all means, pm as well, but it shows a pecking order.

I know of numerous times, someone has come in late, pm'd (to a lazy unresponsive seller, or someone too busy to check every hour....or people with a life), cut people's lunch by offering pick up or something, and snatching it out from other who asked to buy earlier.
Im not saying seller has to sell to the first person inquiring, they may be lowballing, or the seller might think they are a chunt and not want to deal with them, but if someone replies with 'I'll grab those .... please, pm coming', they generally should have first dibs. (This is unrelated to my interested in a stem recently, btw)

This shouldn't be a problem in a forum like this, where we generally consider ourselves as a community, and it shouldn't be required, but I just think it adds a bit of transparency to the process, and doesn't leave buyers feeling like they were shafted.

Personally, I'm applying this to my sale items.

Just throwin it out there...
Deja vu. Just tweak trading rules, post interest in thread followed by pm if wanted.

If you haven't replied in the thread you have no right to purchase. If seller is found to have three strikes, access denied.

moorey

call me Mia
ummmm ok!...get of the ice!
Scenario:
item posted. 10 minutes later, someone says they will take it. 10 min later, someone else says they will take it if person 1 pulls out. Neither hear a word from seller, either in thread or pm.
Next day, seller says he had been contacted via pm ( I happen to know that the person lives only a few suburbs away) and had 'chopped' them both on the purchase.
Maybe it's more convenient to sell to someone picking up, but neither of the guys who called dibs in the first few minutes were even given a reply.
Maybe the person who 'chopped' the sale got in first, you say. I doubt it, particularly when every other time, that person posts up 'pm sent' if they are the first to reply.

Your shot, fatty.

Boom King

Scenario:
item posted. 10 minutes later, someone says they will take it. 10 min later, someone else says they will take it if person 1 pulls out. Neither hear a word from seller, either in thread or pm.
Next day, seller says he had been contacted via pm ( I happen to know that the person lives only a few suburbs away) and had 'chopped' them both on the purchase.
Maybe it's more convenient to sell to someone picking up, but neither of the guys who called dibs in the first few minutes were even given a reply.
Maybe the person who 'chopped' the sale got in first, you say. I doubt it, particularly when every other time, that person posts up 'pm sent' if they are the first to reply.

Your shot, fatty.
The above scenario is entirely hypothetical. Any resemblance to people, either real or imagined, is purely coincidental.

Boom King

money talks, and bullshit walks!
I normally offer to hold the item untill X pm on X day and inform other interested parties of there position in the pecking order. No financial transaction by deadline and purchase rights move along to next in queue.