Lysterfield MTB Park Trail Building

leadz

Likes Bikes
Lysterfield jump park.

Hi All, is the jump park finish off yet?? if so have we got photos. and what is it like there.is there gap jumps going to be added because some one said it's all table tops.and thanks to all the trail building guys and girls doing a awesome job. sorry i can not be there as i am a stay at home dad not much time to do thing like that. lucky if i can get a ride in some times... :(

Last edited:

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
So we have mostly finished the Pump track, and some of the Jumps... but we got a bit stalled.... (read slack!)

So the bare bones of the jumps are there but they are not finished (shaped)

leadz

Likes Bikes
jumps

Thanks for the info if there is a build day for the jumps post it up and i will see if i can get out there to help!!cheers :) PS do you think one day there will be some downhill trails out at lysterfield. sick of driving to the you yangs when it was open!!! cheers :)

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
mabey not 100% competition trails, but there will be gravity fed (big bike) trail there at some point, LDTR are working very hard at a strategy for Lysterfield that includes all this stuff.

I don't think we will do a volunteer day on the Jumps as most people that attend these days are never going to ride big jumps... but i head out there after work and do an hour our two (when i can be bothered) if you are interested in joining me PM me, this is legal work as i pre arange any of this with PV....

I think it is important that Lysterfield has more advanced trails.... if you want to find out more bring a shovel out to Lysterfield and i will talk your ears off!!! (PM me first!!)

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
anybody been up there this weekend and ridden hug and blair? if so how is the new drainage holding up? would be damn interesting to know....

Red Peekay

Likes Dirt
Rode blair today in the rain, holding up well!! Only the odd pool however only light rain. Would be interesting to see what it would look like after an extended period of rain (looks like that might be coming later this week). Am looking to get out again next Friday so will see how different it looks if we get some rain this week!

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Had a look on sunday and those berms are the dryest part of the trails! The rest of the trails are a bit soggy though so it would be good if people gave the pace a few days to firm up again before riding.....

Olly76

Likes Dirt
18th June Trail Build

All,

Dont forget that Lysty Trail Building will be on this weekend. Grab a mate and come along.

We will be fixing the 2 nasty bog holes which will make Hug and Upper Blair Witch a dry ride.

See you Saturday.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Wheel Barrows, we need barrows.

Can all please bring along a wheel barrow for the trail build. We have hit a snag with the powered tools but we can still move all the material into place.

See you at 8am

LabRat

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Just thought I would share my pics of some of today's build at Lysty, to fix one particular bog pit.
It was a very fun (and tiring) morning. It was so good to see the enthusiam of all the helpers and even the random riders helping push wheelbarrows uphill :)

Before:

During:

After:

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
An awesome effort by everyone! well done all of you. i wonder how many barrow loads were shifted.....well as far as i know a powered barrow is on order so no more of that thank god!!! special mention has to go out to the Mikes (LDTR and Park ranger)...they barrowed all day long! impressive!

Also a mention has to go out to the random riders who stopped to help too....big BOOOO! for the mouthy git who refused to help out saying it wasnt his problem and he was there to ride, not fix trails :(

may be a bit smooth at the mo but at least its dry!:p plus there are plenty of other new bumps and lumps on this section of trail.

if you want something rougher watch this space....:cool:

Last edited:

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
An awesome effort by everyone! well done all of you. i wonder how many barrow loads were shifted.....well as far as i know a powered barrow is on order so no more of that thank god!!! special mention has to go out to the Mikes (LDTR and Park ranger)...they barrowed all day long! impressive!

Also a mention has to go out to the random riders who stopped to help too....big BOOOO! for the mouthy git who refused to help out saying it wasnt his problem and he was there to ride, not fix trails :(

may be a bit smooth at the mo but at least its dry!:p plus there are plenty of other new bumps and lumps on this section of trail.

if you want something rougher watch this space....:cool:
Do your homework on the power barrows.

Some actually slow progress rather than help, re: load capacity

Roland

trav

Likes Dirt
Do your homework on the power barrows.

Some actually slow progress rather than help, re: load capacity

Roland
This is so true , and they track along really slow.

Would only use one for going up or down the trail,I watched manual barrows smash a power barrow yesterday.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
What I have been told is that it should have 3 speeds and a lift capacity of 450kg, but will find out the brand and ask your thoughts. Thanks for the heads up..

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
could be this one perhaps?

http://www.mucktruck.com.au/5/max

it fits your description Olly
My research says stay away from anything that does NOT have cat tracks. In wet conditions they just sit there and spin.

Of the ones that DO have cat tracks, some can carry a reasonable amount of weight, however the barrow is so small you can only fit a single wheel barrow worth of material, making it worse to use than an ordinary wheel barrow.

Minimum capabilities must be:

1/ cat tracks
2/ narrow footprint, (to protect the area around the actual trail)
3/ forward and reverse
4/ tipping barrow
5/ Volume capacity minimum 3 - 4wheel barrow worth

There are a few of these around, price range from $3,500 - $23,000

Roland