Lysterfield Trail Building

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
As the Lysterfield MTB trails are shut at the moment, i am going out there to continue the new trail that runs along "walaby track"
If you want to come out and give a hand i will be leaving the Hallam North Carpark at 10am.

Come out and give a hand making a new trail!!

Cranker

Likes Dirt
Trail building

C'mon guys, get out there tomorrow and give Andrew a hand building the awesome new trail!:help:

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
PV did another review of the trails again today, with the rain predicted and the condition of the trails, it should be no surprise for anyone the MTB trails remain CLOSED!
Thanks to everyone for their patience!

There is an official LDTR Build day this Sat, it is trail building weather!!
C yall there
8am and 10am from Trail mix!

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
Ok contact everyone you know that rides Lysterfield...
The plan for the trail build this Saturday is to get some trail OPEN!!!
If there is enough volunteers we should be able to get Hug and Buckle ready to be opened. (or more?)
The more people we get the more trail we can open!!!
Build teams leave Trailmix at 8 am and 10am
Bring good shoes and some water

See you there!!!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PV did another review of the trails again today, with the rain predicted and the condition of the trails, it should be no surprise for anyone the MTB trails remain CLOSED!
Thanks to everyone for their patience!

There is an official LDTR Build day this Sat, it is trail building weather!!
C yall there
8am and 10am from Trail mix!
Andy, can I ask if people are staying away and respecting the closeures?

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
There is definately less people riding, but there is still plenty of people riding them...
There is lots of people riding the fireroads, which is OK, its only the single track that is closed.

This is Lysterfield....so while it is dissapointing, it is not worth getting upset about.

ponk

Squid
how's lysterfield looking at the moment???

haven't been out there in a while, is it still shut? when's it going to be open?

Last edited:

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
It's still shut mate, The trails are muddy as usual. You will be waiting till the end of next month until the trails are open I Wreckon, but that's just a guess. Keep track on the Parks Vic website to double check.

AshR

Likes Dirt
When is the next trail building day? missed the last one 2 weeks ago as I was out of town :(

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I've checked the trail status and all the trails are still closed. Are things drying out at Lystefield and any ideas when the trails will be open?

Lard

Likes Dirt
I've checked the trail status and all the trails are still closed. Are things drying out at Lystefield and any ideas when the trails will be open?
One major objectives of saturdays build is to get enough of the trails in a good state so Parks Vic will give the ok open the trails. So come along and help get the trails open!

PV also need to clear some fallen trees over fire roads so emergency vehicles can get in, they're usually pretty awesome at doing that quickly.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
12th Oct Trail Build

WE ARE UP AND RUNNING.....

****Lock in Sat 12th of Oct******

OK we are up and running again. New process in place and all very keen to get back doing what we love. Build and Maintain our great MTB trails at Lysty.

Upcoming works will be to rock Armour middle trail. We need to complete this works to make sure we can keep middle trail open year round.

Stage 1 will be to rock armour before and after the board walk on middle. Please bring a barrow along. Mini Bobcat will load the rock into your barrow we just need your leg power to get it down the trail. Power barrow will also be in action. Small amount of trail re-route will be completed as well.

Bring along plenty of fresh water, steel cap boots and hi vis top (Machinery in action)

We will meet at Trailmix café at 8am Only.
Late comers more than welcome but please make your own way to middle trail.

Also please fill out on-line survey to give us some feedback on your MTB network.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LysterfieldMTBSurvey

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Just a quick reminder that we have a trail build this coming Saturday.

Meeting at Trailmix car park 8am only. Any late comers please make bring along your cycle and make your way to Middle trail at the board walk.

Bring along sturdy shoes and plenty of water for the day.

See to there Olly