Lysterfield Trail Building

Zam

Likes Dirt
I was wondering what happened to the Chase the Sun events, guess there is a story behind it not running for a while....

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Mon 27th of Jan Trail Build

Hi All,

Weather permitting we will be having our first trail build for 2014 on Monday the 27th of Jan.

We will be working on Aneurism tiding up the some of the clean up work that will be starting during the week, we have some mechanized help so the majority of the heavy lifting will be completed before hand .

Top section of the trail will be re-designed which we hope should please all parties.

Meet at Trailmix carpark 8 am.
Bring along sturdy shoes, plenty of water and some food.

If we have extreme hot weather forecast we will most likely cancel so please stay posted.

For any further updates please visit club website: http://ldtr.org/forum/index.php?topic=1374.0

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Weather permitting we will be having our first trail build for 2014 on Monday the 27th of Jan.

We will be working on Aneurism tiding up the some of the clean up work that will be starting during the week, we have some mechanized help so the majority of the heavy lifting will be completed before hand .

Top section of the trail will be re-designed which we hope should please all parties.

Meet at Trailmix carpark 8 am.
Bring along sturdy shoes, plenty of water and some food.

If we have extreme hot weather forecast we will most likely cancel so please stay posted.

For any further updates please visit club website: http://ldtr.org/forum/index.php?topic=1374.0
Ok if you are coming tomorrow can you please bring along your favorite shovel, or pruning tool.

I have not been able to arrange PV tools this time round ( no excuses but just plain forgot ). A shovel or thumping tool to get the new berms settled would be great.

Also would love to send some volunteers to comms track to prune the over grown shrubs.

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey Olly sorry gotta sit this one out mate, I've done my shoulder so am off bike and any sort of manual work for several weeks. doctors orders.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sunday 13th July trail Build

Hi All

We will be holding a trail build Sunday the 13th July

Works to be completed

1. Skills park
2. Comms Game drainage
3. Blair witch drainage
4. Upper Buckle drainage.

The more we have that turn up the more we can get done. Please bring along your favorite shovel and some wet weather shoes.

BBQ will be held at the end of the build to warm us up.

As for the skills park we have some minor adjustments to complete, a fence needs to be erected and the whole area needs to be mulched. With the wet weather the ground is super wet and will need some time to dry out.
Also all the jumps will need further shaping so this area won't be ready for at least another 3 months.

Best news is that we have ear marked two of the black line features in some future trail works

Cheers Olly

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Quick reminder trail build this coming Sunday.

We will meet 8am at the new skills park and break up into teams from there.

Cheers Olly

Olly76

Likes Dirt
2014 Trail Builds

Hi all

Please see below dates for the remainder of 2014 Trail build dates.

Currently we have3 remaining builds for the year with next months build being a larger project which might go over two days.

Exact info to be posted week prior to the trail build on http://ldtr.org/forum/index.php/topic,1485.0.html

Aug - month off
Sep - sat 13th ( aneurism feature build day)
Oct - Sun 19th ( aneurism shaping & skills park feature shaping)
Nov - Sat 15th ( comms game maintenance, winter repairs )
Dec - Off

Please book these dates out in your calendar as we need as many people as possible to make these days a success

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Hey Olly,

haven't been up to Lyster for a while, however went yesterday with the boy. Got to say a big well done to the crew for their hard work and also to PV for their work. I had never ridden aneurysm before and loved it. The trails are in good nick after all the rain (pity the legs were not) and even hearing a few others mention things are looking good for spring.

Me and the boy should make to the build in Oct.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Hey Olly,

haven't been up to Lyster for a while, however went yesterday with the boy. Got to say a big well done to the crew for their hard work and also to PV for their work. I had never ridden aneurysm before and loved it. The trails are in good nick after all the rain (pity the legs were not) and even hearing a few others mention things are looking good for spring.

Me and the boy should make to the build in Oct.
Thanks for the positive feedback RB,

We do have some great works planned and currently working with PV on a trail master plan that we can work towards for the next 5-10 years. The dedicated trail crew have been doing a great job and we cannot stress also the great support we get from Parks.

We would love to see you on the next build we have some exciting features going into Aneurism which will be fun to build and shape.

See you there.....

Don't forget to get the latest info on trail builds here http://ldtr.org/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sat 13th Trail Build.

Just a quick reminder for this Saturday's trail build.

Meet up 8am Trail Mix Car park and then heading to Aneurism to complete re-build of the lower end of the trail and feature / drainage repair on the remainder.

See you all there.

Cheers Olly

Don't forget to get the latest info on trail builds here http://ldtr.org/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html[/QUOTE]

teK--

Eats Squid
Hi Olly I went back to lystie for first time since start of Winter. Loved what you have done to the place the skills park is great and the changes to Aneurysm are awesome. Keep up the good work.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Cheers Tek

Big thanks to the many volunteers that come out on all builds and Derek Main our awesome machine operator

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Rode aneurysm from the top yesterday for the first time in ages. Then did it again, and then another two times after that. Massive improvement from any time in the past, it's an absolute blast from top to bottom. Thanks for the hard work getting the recent changes planned, approved and built... so good to see the Lysty trails moving forward.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sunday 12th Oct trail build

Quick reminder trail build this Sunday.

We need as many volunteers as possible to carry out

1. Aneurism tidy up and to complete berms at bottom of trail
2. Comms game maintenance prep for Races
3. Dog pound trail rut clearing
4. Ldtr sign installation.

To get the above completed we will need about 20 volunteers.

Meet at Trailmix car park 8am we will have a few vehicles heading off in opposite directions

See you there

Olly

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sat 15th Nov Trail Build

Hi All,

After our successful First Race series its back to the shovels on Sat Nov 15th.

We have an exciting new project to get our teeth stuck into creating a new trail around Dog Pound Descent...don't fear the original trail will stay in place and become a directional down trail with improvements / repairs to this trail coming in the future.....Eventually we will have a mini loop around this area which will gain us another 1.5 - 2 kilometer of trail....

Bobcat will be cutting the trail during the week before our build and I will also be leading 40 plus DEPI volunteers during the week to get works underway.

If you can spare half a day we will be able to complete the first section of trail within 1 week but we will require as many hands on Sat 15th Nov to make this happen.

BBQ will be provided on the day....bring some sturdy shoes and some water and come help create a new trail that you can proudlly ride and say that I helped build this :D

Cheers Olly