Lysty - too wet?

slowmick

38-39"
Lysterfield was back to it's dusty leafy best tonight. Only one soft spot on a lap of the park.

It was nice to see ladies riding around the park by themselves on dusk. Wifey Wife won't ride the bike track near home near dark for fear of weirdos. Nice to think that Lysterfield is light on weirdos.

Lard

Likes Dirt
Lysterfield was back to it's dusty leafy best tonight. Only one soft spot on a lap of the park.

It was nice to see ladies riding around the park by themselves on dusk. Wifey Wife won't ride the bike track near home near dark for fear of weirdos. Nice to think that Lysterfield is light on weirdos.
There's some pretty weird Kangaroos around near dark, gotta be careful of them!

cheif_m

Likes Dirt
There's some pretty weird Kangaroos around near dark, gotta be careful of them!
i recon they are just looking for some love, after all what else can i say when one hopped out infront of my mate on Hug. good laugh, he was doing about 30 i recon and this mountain of a roo just decides to jump infront of him and miss him by inches, his tail though was collateral damage. :lol:

Big AC

Likes Dirt
With the exception of one small puddle on the Snipe track Lysty is dry and fast.

A few trees down across certain trails; however, nothing you can't ride around.

JESSKA thanks for the info on the gate at Reservoir Rd. That wasn't you that I met at the top of Granite Link with the sweet ENVE rims?

Lard

Likes Dirt
i recon they are just looking for some love, after all what else can i say when one hopped out infront of my mate on Hug. good laugh, he was doing about 30 i recon and this mountain of a roo just decides to jump infront of him and miss him by inches, his tail though was collateral damage. :lol:
It's not that funny when you hit them tho. Once I t-boned a roo at ~25kph, flew OTB and rolled. My phone was in my jersey pocket and I busted the screen...grrr.

I also had little one jump directly at me. I was plodding along at walking pace waiting for him to get out the way, and he decided to ram me, knocking me on my arse.

Generally during the day they're fine, but if you're riding near to dawn/dusk, there's 100's of them all over the park on the move so take it easy.

slowmick

38-39"
be careful out at Lysty people. the drop bears are at it again. they must have got a rider over the weekend. When I was out there this afternoon all that was left of the was one 29er tube beside the trail. nasty stuff.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
There are roos, and maybe a drop bear or 2, but no puddles at all. The only issue I had out there today was my lack of fitness and a stick that decided to jump up and hit me in the nuts..... :embarassed:

Appart from that it was the first time id been out there for about 6 years and the tracks are great. Theyve made some nice additions too.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Theyve made some nice additions too.
You're not talking about this mythical track I keep hearing about that everyone knows about and about 98% of people have riden which seems like it is NEVER going to open......

JESSKA

Likes Bikes
With the exception of one small puddle on the Snipe track Lysty is dry and fast.

A few trees down across certain trails; however, nothing you can't ride around.

JESSKA thanks for the info on the gate at Reservoir Rd. That wasn't you that I met at the top of Granite Link with the sweet ENVE rims?
I rode at Lysterfield yesterday but that wasn't me. There were so many people out there yesterday!

crim 87

Likes Dirt
rode sat morn tracks are in awsome condition. keep the rain coming i reckon , nearly lost it a few times on the track opposite the start of follow me. as u go down in to the trees a bit more on this track there where millions of gum nuts littered everywhere made for a few hairy moments nearly washing the front end. keeps you on your toes though i guess

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
You're not talking about this mythical track I keep hearing about that everyone knows about and about 98% of people have riden which seems like it is NEVER going to open......
Um...... Not sure.... There were a few new parts I'd never seen before, all over the park. So, maybe I am, maybe I'm not... Don't know. What's the name of this track your talking about?

Rodders

Likes Dirt
rode sat morn tracks are in awsome condition. keep the rain coming i reckon , nearly lost it a few times on the track opposite the start of follow me. as u go down in to the trees a bit more on this track there where millions of gum nuts littered everywhere made for a few hairy moments nearly washing the front end. keeps you on your toes though i guess
Yeh I've never seen so many on the trail, nature's little ball bearings

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Rode Lysty this morning, with about 100 other people, the trails were busy.

Trail conditions are fine, packed down after the rain. There is one large puddle on Aneurysm, apart from that no other issues from the rain.

BTW, yes Aneurysm is open. I spoke with one of the LDTR people and they confirmed it.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Lysty this morning, with about 100 other people, the trails were busy.

Trail conditions are fine, packed down after the rain. There is one large puddle on Aneurysm, apart from that no other issues from the rain.

BTW, yes Aneurysm is open. I spoke with one of the LDTR people and they confirmed it.
What time?

I rode at 8am and lysterfield was dead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ualf

Likes Dirt
<snip>
Sorry that is not correct. Aneurysm is not officially open yet although it is being ridden a lot ;-).

If you want an up to date status of each track in the park go to the club web site: http://lysterfieldmtb.com/trail-condition-report/

While you are there also check out the trail building page http://lysterfieldmtb.com/working-bee/ and if you have the time come and lend a hand.

Next build day is Sunday April 14 meet at 0800 near TrailMix

If you ride at Lystie regularly you should seriously consider joining LDTR http://lysterfieldmtb.com/membership/
I think the amount of work that this club performs on the trails in one of the busiest parks in the state is incredible.

Beej1

^^ that track status page was last updated 20 Feb.

Anyone know the absolute, official ,up to date word on whether its open?

Heading out tomorrow AM and would love to give it a whirl.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
NP,

Al I know is that I met a guy at the top of Follow Me on Good Friday (the 29th), he claimed to be part of LDTR (he had the T-Shirt on and trail making gear with him) and said that Aneurysm was open.

As mentioned by ualf, regardless of whether it is officially open or not, a lot of people are riding it. Your choice.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NP,

Al I know is that I met a guy at the top of Follow Me on Good Friday (the 29th), he claimed to be part of LDTR (he had the T-Shirt on and trail making gear with him) and said that Aneurysm was open.

As mentioned by ualf, regardless of whether it is officially open or not, a lot of people are riding it. Your choice.
yeah I know someone who has all ready broken his collar bone on it!

Zam

Likes Dirt
If you push hard and beyond your riding capabilities or that of the bike chances are you will come off and break something, then there as just accidents when having a sfun as well, always will haooen occassionalky when out on the trails, no reason to keep a trail closed...