M55 Electric Downhill Bike!

Mail Man

Likes Dirt
Interesting Graphics and well put together video... With a market so big in America, if you make a car with square wheels you should move at least 6,000 units! Someone will buy it, don't know who, but someone will.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Interesting Graphics and well put together video... With a market so big in America, if you make a car with square wheels you should move at least 6,000 units! Someone will buy it, don't know who, but someone will.
First well thought out and contructive comments, considering this is a relativly small company making the best to date Downhill Electric MTB.

how much is it and how fast does it go. \
Under 40kgs upto 70kph, Silent, smooth power and no shuttles is fairly convincing to me, but want to see some actual vids and reviews before getting to excited, apparently being released at Eurobike 2010
Price?, its specs dont come cheap! Fox, Brembo etc

Sic

Likes Dirt
Constructive hey? I suppose.....If its a downhill bike why does it have built in lights front and back? why does it have its own handlebar stem set up that appears far inferior to other options on the market? Maybe to fit electrics inside I imagine but its not inspiring.

Speaking of the bars they are flat which seems an odd choice.

Looks like a single speed only due to the electric motor (unless theres an internal gear system im not seeing) which isnt my ideal set up for a DH sled.

That is one huge front chainring, welcome back to the 90's!

They label the rear swingarm as a specially designed fork in the video. Actually they label it "specially designed fork made to be the strongest high durability bearings"
I think I know what they were trying to say.......

What sort of cranks are they using? What sort of BB? Can I change em to something else later or are there compatibility issues?

Well theres some criticism and questions, dont know if its constructive though.

scblack

Leucocholic
Can I please have those two minutes of my life back?

It looks great as a Playstation intro. Actually even for that its pretty basic.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Constructive hey? I suppose.....If its a downhill bike why does it have built in lights front and back? why does it have its own handlebar stem set up that appears far inferior to other options on the market? Maybe to fit electrics inside I imagine but its not inspiring.
Lights? Well I guess they would come in handy for night runs (DH or XC) its def DH biased bike but could be used on flat or uphill single track also(but faster:D) Lights would also come in handy for safety on the road on the way home after your ride(would have to check laws regarding power assisted bikes in your state/county though)

Speaking of the bars they are flat which seems an odd choice.
Mount seems to rise up from the forks when looking from rear view, good point though.Have to wait and see with that one.

Looks like a single speed only due to the electric motor (unless theres an internal gear system I'm not seeing) which isn't my ideal set up for a DH sled.

That is one huge front chainring, welcome back to the 90's!.
The harder you pedal the more power the motor gives you,and it has 5 handlebar selectable gears on top of that.

They label the rear swingarm as a specially designed fork in the video. Actually they label it "specially designed fork made to be the strongest high durability bearings"
I think I know what they were trying to say.......
It is a Hungarian Company;)

What sort of cranks are they using? What sort of BB? Can I change em to something else later or are there compatibility issues?
Well theres some criticism and questions, dont know if its constructive though......
Good Questions, Guessing they will be answered at Eurobike.