Make it Reign: 2015 Giant Reign & Anthem SX

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have uploaded some more photos to the initial post.

Also, here are some photos of the very first ride I took it on... Was rather muddy

16697926473_389a162a1e_b.jpg

17316327682_e2e9f4589a_b.jpg

16697926433_e718872b20_b.jpg

17131955939_5969dc92b2_b.jpg

17317741071_cda670308e_b.jpg

Warp

Likes Dirt
Resurrecting this one from the dead...

Firstly, congratulations, those are nice bikes. Reign is off the charts!

How would you compare the Trance and the Anthem SX'ish?
I'm interested in down-biking to an Anthem SX from a regular Trance 27.5. I'm looking at a tighter turning and not giving away much in the downs and those rocky/rooty prostate-to-saddle climbs.

Riding around the Darwin area, so pretty flat but the guys here have kept a few trails with the sort of stuff you would be much more confident on a big-bike (many folks here happily on 5"-6" bikes). So, the problem is not really the bike, but me.

Thanks for any input.

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Resurrecting this one from the dead...

Firstly, congratulations, those are nice bikes. Reign is off the charts!

How would you compare the Trance and the Anthem SX'ish?
I'm interested in down-biking to an Anthem SX from a regular Trance 27.5. I'm looking at a tighter turning and not giving away much in the downs and those rocky/rooty prostate-to-saddle climbs.

Riding around the Darwin area, so pretty flat but the guys here have kept a few trails with the sort of stuff you would be much more confident on a big-bike (many folks here happily on 5"-6" bikes). So, the problem is not really the bike, but me.

Thanks for any input.
Hey mate,

The Trance and the Anthem are completely different beasts. If I had to only have one bike, I'd keep the Trance; it's definitely more versatile and still an excellent climber.

If it's feeling sluggish, two big recommendations I'd make for upgrades would be wheelset/tyres and rear shock with lock-out/climb functionality (if yours doesn't already have it).

Warp

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,

The Trance and the Anthem are completely different beasts. If I had to only have one bike, I'd keep the Trance; it's definitely more versatile and still an excellent climber.

If it's feeling sluggish, two big recommendations I'd make for upgrades would be wheelset/tyres and rear shock with lock-out/climb functionality (if yours doesn't already have it).
Cheers, mate!

Done both. Wheels are not really light stuff, but Arch EX's laced to Hopes so no porkies either. Tyres are whatever the flavour of the day but HRII, Racing Ralph and Bonty XR3 are the ones that I run more often.

Shock is a Monarch Plus and yeah, it made the bike faster.

Thanks for the suggestions!