Maldon Ride Day. 9th October.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride day at Maldon on the 9th of October.
$40 gets you lunch, drinks and shuttles all day, +$5 for a day licence if required.

There has been some changes at the bottom of the VDHS race track, including a big road gap.

This jump has been measured to about 11 meters from lip to transition. Due to how big it is, and the danger/speeds involved, the jump will be gated off except for ride and race days. If you have a problem of this, please don't hesitate to talk to the track builders at the ride day.

The old section of track has been blocked off, please do not ride it, as we need the riders on the new section to get a solid line cut in.

295833_2188744952001_1048403633_31994537_166768231_n.jpg

Contact Russel on 5427 2662 or 0423 388 167

Hope to see you all out there for a good day and for some early practice!

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
This jump has been measured to about 11 meters from lip to transition. Due to how big it is, and the danger/speeds involved, the jump will be gated off except for ride and race days. If you have a problem of this, please don't hesitate to talk to the track builders at the ride day.
!
The old ski jump was 10 metres, I hit it at a measured 56ks an hour... why do you need to gate this off? Ruin the fun for everyone. Step in, take over a hill and fuck everyone else hey?
So glad I left.

dunndog

Eats Squid
If you think it's too big to have open to the general public, why not make it a bit smaller and leave it open? I'd rather have that than no jump at all..

anth69

Likes Dirt
There has been some changes at the bottom of the VDHS race track, including a big road gap.

The old section of track has been blocked off, please do not ride it, as we need the riders on the new section to get a solid line cut in.
who's leg are you pulling ? its a public park ? the ranger had no problem with dickheads letting thier dogs run around on the raceline after all the punters had coughed up race entry at the vdhs round ... and because someone has built a jump under thier own initiative they claim ownership of public property ? come on ! i can go and do more dangerous jumps at half a dozen bmx tracks in the eastern suburbs for free ..any day of the week

jackall

Likes Bikes
not keen on this whole gating it off thing, the jump isn't a double if you can't fully clear it just hit it slower? correct me if i'm wrong.
and plus it is public land so i reckon the chance of that 'gate' staying intact is pretty low...
just my 2 cents

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I think everyone needs to take a big deep breath and stop shooting the messenger. Jacko13 is just passing on the info.

I'm agreeing with Dunndog here for the record. But there is no point jumping up and down about it here.
Gates didn't work at the You Yangs....those boys managed to build some decent jumps that are open 24/7, 365. Just Sayin'.

Jacko, was this the Rangers request?

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Hey there guys, for a decent while there me and some few locals were the only ones working out there. What Russel, Jack and the guys have done has stepped maldon onto a whole new level. DONT RAG ON IT! The jump is closed off for legit reasons. Me and Jack are the only ones to hit it. It's not a mellow jump. Its 11m with a jump to a few rocks as your run in, and you land on a near flat landing with rocks in it. Its closed to keep the rangers and co on side. Without there support were all gonna have to find a new hill to ride on. And if your gonna complain about whats going on, care to come help. Its all well and good to be an internet hero but unless your helpping out Im sorry your not going to get much say at all. Get behind Russ and the boys dont complain about the work they do.

Maybe you should all just chill the fuck out, and actually respect those that built it?

Without them, you wouldn't have a jump to hit at all.

Go out there and see the jump yourself, opinions will be changed.

Tizz--

Likes Dirt
Its funny how fired up people get over little things that don't even matter in the scheme of things.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want to ride it, come to the ride day, and support the work thats being put in.

Its part of a bunch of new sections being put into the race track to make it more challenging.

If you have problems, stop bitching on the internet and come discuss it with the builders at an event.

If you don't dig, don't complain.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Just so you know, I'm not ragging on anyone, mine was just a question/opinion, I love a sesh at Maldon and always take a moment to appreciate the work that the builders have put in wherever I ride.
I just hope that in time relations at Maldon aren't soured by a handful of legends who see fit to removing/dodging this gate and hitting it up (yes, it will be done if someone wants to do it bad enough) and causing problems that could affect us all as riders and detract from the great work Russ and all the crew have done out there.
Who am I to complain - at 11 meters there's a pretty good bet I won't be hitting it anyway!

Shredden

Knows his goats
Oh for fucks sake. It is one jump - hit the b-line, wait until race day to axe yourself on the a-line. Maldon needs some more jumps, and this is a step in the right direction. If a gate is what needs to be done to keep the rangers onside then so be it.