manitou stance= crap!!!!

hidesy

Likes Dirt
hey guys i just want to have a winge about my manitou stance forks, in my opinoun they are the worst fork. i have had so many problems with them.
1. oil leeked out of rebound nob, so i sent them to manitou and got them back about a week later, and after about two ride oil started to leek again and that happend about three times and then they evntually replaced the lowers witch solved the problem, but now about 6 mounths down the track the clamp that locks the axel in, snapped off so they go again to manitou and i get them back a week and a half later and the guy at my LBS tells me manitou said it was from over tightning, so i said would you be able to show me how tigh so he tightens them up and then clamp snaps off again so thy go back to manitou AGAIN and i am yet to get my forks back.

with credit to manitou they have replaced the lowers 3 times and serviced them twice for free

has anyone else had this problem?

DH_slave

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fully they are shit forks anyway, get travis's and then if they shit themselves then you can post how crap they are.

sheffnut

Likes Bikes
i know, those forks are crap!!!
a mate of mine had a pair and they have broken 3 times (all under warranty)
i have also owned a pair myself and they became very "pro-pedal" all of a suden. i advise everyone not to get them

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
Well, here's my thoughts.

Manitou Stances are a really cheap and nasty fork. Almost every pair of forks in the Manitou Stance range will have this same problem. To fix this problem, a person with brains will go and buy a realible fork that they can trust and not have a thousand problems with them. So my suggestion would be ditch the Stances and go and invest in some decent reiable fork's.

Cheers

Last edited:

chase1

Likes Dirt
after about two weeks of having my stances the seal busted and so i sent them to manatou under warranty. it's now been three months and they still hav'nt come back. i mean seriously three months to do a twenty minute job.

DHdog

Likes Dirt
fully they are shit forks anyway, get travis's and then if they shit themselves then you can post how crap they are.
some how i dont think he will ever buy the manitou brand again !
If he did, he's ...............
manitou suck arse and I will never buy anything from that manifacture again, and I will tell everybody that is contemplating buying manitou not to.

Seriously, why would you bring out such a product that doesnt work (faults), and expect people to buy your products.

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
i advise everyone not to get them
There has been a few threads on this before so everybody is well aware. I quote a friend of mine who had a friend with a Norco that came stock with them, a svage I think....."I could huck of the empire state building and still only use 2 inches of travel" they just dont move! great for climbing though, almost like a permanent lock out

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys i just want to have a winge about my manitou stance forks, in my opinoun they are the worst fork. i have had so many problems with them.
has anyone else had this problem?
thanks for stating the obvious;) nearly everyone who have owned stances have had these(and many more)problems

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The majority of the views expressed in this thread are from people who didn't know manitou before the 2004/2005 Nitride coated stanchions and SPV Doritos. I think the stanchions with their lubing system is whats mainly to blame for the Stance and other models stiction problems. I'm by know means a fork expert but any sign of dust or wet and a Stance will seize up in one 2 minute run.

Ive owned Blacks for maybe 2 years now and not once have they ever had a problem. They dont seize up and are still as plush as the day I got them, no seal problems or anything (same damping system as the stance). I think this is due to having good stanchions.

All the problems people have are from low end forks like the stance. Remember the Marzocchi cryofit problems from 01/02? All companies have had some bad models and don't necessarily deserve a complete bagging of their product range.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Woo hoo, Stance flaming time!

(When I think of Stances, i think of this thread)
http://melbourneriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2868

jjperko got it in one with the Nitride Coated Stanchion comment. Manitou have completely done away with it and i believe, all their forks have either the Cromo, Off-Gold Alluminum or Black Anodized Aluminum (only for Travis forks right?)

jackedin

Likes Dirt
stances suck balls. minutes is where its at
I will go with this.
I have a set of minute 1's. very plush
And running them on a xtc hardtail sitting at 115 no leaks and great performance.
I am also a heavier bloke who can crunch those little weight weenie jobs.

leighcosa

Likes Bikes
i think manitou have a real problem with the amount of crap they are recieving from the consumer with regard to their stance range..
i own a set of stance blunts '06 and they run ok for the moment..but then again i havent really run anything worth mentioning for a proper amount of time..

i think that they are very entry level and should be marketed that way..so that people dont buy them thinking good things and go well outside their limits...they arent the best forks but they do suit people who are just getting in to the sport like me...

kizza01

Likes Dirt
I dont believe that manitou deserve a flaming for their low end forks.

I think the problem lay in that they were a very cheap and nasty product that was marketed at a very heavy duty and rigorous activity. The may well be ripper forks for trail riding, but who knows?, all people use them for is DJ/FR/DH.

I own a set of 03 Blacks and 05 SPV Dildos and i cant fault them (except the grease leak from the seals, but this keeps them smooth i guess) for quality of material and reliability.

Ive ridden Marzocchi, Rock Shox and now Manitou so im not completely biased.

scissors

Likes Bikes
Crap forks

I have some manitou stances as well and I have to agree, the worst fork ever. The oild has leeked everywhere and now they are as bouncy as a poggo stick!:mad: