manly dam maintenance days

pommiebiker

Likes Bikes
hey folks. I ride manly quite often and I'd like to rock up and pitch in at the maintenance days but I seem to always find out after they've happened. Is there a list fo '06 ? I'm not a club member as I don't race, although I might start coming along for the social rides soon ...

tx.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are not running them any more unfortunatley.

People are lining up to help and we get nothing from the rangers, something to do with supervision apparently.

And the place continues to be made weelchair accessable.

Carlin- a little dissapointed

John U

MTB Precision
thats no good.

what is happening to the steep section of track just across the bridge from the water treatment plant? it was closed last weekend.

pommiebiker

Likes Bikes
Its back open now. I rode on friday morning. Its boardwalk at the beginning where it was really eroded with a couple of poles. Not as technical, but more flowing and quick. The latter half has been tidied a little with one drop 'smoothed out' :(

Merlin

Likes Bikes
I am not sure about being flowing and quick.

It is now just boring. It was one of the most tricky little sections on the ride and a bit of a test specially with a bit of speed. Now it is just a ramp all the way down. If it goes on it might be more tricky to ride around Centennial Park........Leave the Dam ride as is I say

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I actually went OTB on it. I landed in the sticks on the side of the track. It was a soft landing in a spiky scratchy type of way:eek:

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Is that a change of policy? I wonder did the council have input from mountain bikers when doing "track maintenance".

I wonder whose idea it is to put those 3 "speed humps" in the middle of the downhill a few months ago. I guess its the council to slow us MTBers so we don't axe walkers on a share trail.

pommiebiker said:
Its back open now. I rode on friday morning. Its boardwalk at the beginning where it was really eroded with a couple of poles. Not as technical, but more flowing and quick. The latter half has been tidied a little with one drop 'smoothed out' :(
Which drop was that? The one to the left hand side at the end session? Don't really get why they do that cause the B line in the middle been build up so much that you can roll down it with no problems.

Last edited:

Fidsey

Likes Dirt
Speed Humps

I think the 'Speed Humps' are there to direct water flow off the trail into the bush - where plants will slow erosion.

You see these in the Natio everywhere.

What is the deal with that boardwalk near the dam entrance anyway? I had fun bombing down any which-way in that section, especially on the left over those step things - fun on a hardtail:D

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
Manly Dam Maintenance day

Warringah Council are organising a maintenance day at Manly Dam for
Sunday 10th September 2006.

Start time: 8:30am
Finish: 1:00pm
Meeting place: Manly Dam Rangers Depot 112 King St Manly Vale. Parking
available in the depot.
Bring: Hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes and drinking water.

A maximum of 15 people are required for the day.

If you wish to come and help on the trail please email Nicole to
register.

or phone the Rangers Office on 9949 3235 with your details.

Fidsey

Likes Dirt
Crap!!!!

Why am I always away when these things happen????

That's the weekend of the N-Zo 12hr.......

schmackster

Fidsey said:
Why am I always away when these things happen????

That's the weekend of the N-Zo 12hr.......
Ring them up then and tell them. You never know they might change it one week either way.

You can always ask.

schmackster

Well Fidsey you must have some influence as the maintenance day has been changed to the 17th Sept because of the clash with the 12hr.

Fidsey

Likes Dirt
Power of the Sith

Guess my influence wasn't that cool. Can't make that one either.
I'm away until the 23rd Sept.
Watch out for me lurking at the MWMTB Club Champs - if you're lucky I might even give you a number......