Manly Dam Open?

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I was thinking just after that ... but if its there ... then I'm even more lost ... I would have thought the only works there would be to put a few corralling rocks and maybe some new plantings in to stop people taking the shitty B line.

Thanks for the update Cuthbert ... good luck to you and everybody else working hard on the advocacy on the beaches
Ah - actually, i think i know where you mean. I think i got thrown as my memory of that section was it being a lot more enclosed by shrubbery. They may have just cut it back.

If i'm not mistaken there, there were some wooden planks set in to take you around the corner to the right and down onto the rocks, so maybe it's an attempt to replace them, although i don't remember them being worn

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Warringah council clearly supports the construction and riding of unauthorised trails
THIS.

Seriously, fuck advocacy with these fuckwads, I'm so sick of getting shut out of all the old good "xc" trails on the northern beaches and this is what they give us and expect us to all be good citizens and follow along with what some councillor has as there image of mtb'ing? Do they really expect that this is going to appease the masses? Perhaps those who choose to ride knobby tyres but would rather be on the road will be happy, otherwise trails that we enjoy riding will continue to be built and ridden.

Ah no, Pittwater, Manly and warringah councils can go jump.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
haha, this is incredible...

The Manly Dam mountain bike track is open. Warringah Council is currently undertaking maintenance works on the Manly Dam mountain bike track.
Work will take place on sections of track adjacent to Wakehurst Parkway, Cootamundra Drive and Churchill Crescent.
Work is currently in progress adjacent to Wakehurst Parkway and there will be times in the next few weeks when sections of track will be closed. Riders are asked to abide by any barriers and signs in these locations and safely go around them.
Advice will be updated on the Warringah Council website as well as on Warringah Council's Facebook and Twitter pages. Alternatively, people can subscribe to mtbiketrailinfo@warringah.nsw.gov.au
For more information about the works please contact the Manly Dam team on 9949 3235 from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these times call the after hours number 9942 2111.
So they're opening it as the world's biggest storm moves in... nice.