manulas and sit down manuals rok - wats your longest?

trobb

Likes Dirt
hey everyone i am just getting the hang of manuals but mainly sitdown ones. they look orsome, i got monoes sweet so now im on to the manual. when i do it i go like rite back, they look cool but i cant just pop it up, i have to take a pedal first but who cares they rok. my longets is like 25 meters but hey i only got them like 5 days ago. wats your longest?

S.

ex offender
Actually, I got a nice sitdown one on the way to school today... about 100 metres! I was pretty happy with that, but I don't think it's something I could do consistently. Standing up, my best is less than half that.

Manuals look sooooo sick.

CAM

Likes Dirt
me and phsyko miko were doing big manuals down this footpath side by side and a cop car went passed and tooted at us for doing it :lol: i think he was just jealous... woulda looked cool though

S.

ex offender
trobb said:
has any1 ever been doing a manual down a hill and come off the back?
01 250 did it a week or so ago (hahaha mark, you do some crazy things). Check his "I hate manuals" thread in the off-topic forum.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
you should replace 2nd place with "first to reach 1000"
i can't manual for shit, the longest i've ever doen it by some freak accident was about 10m

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm trying to do hop to manuals, just on like carpark islands and small stuff like that, so much easier on the gimp, rather than my old bike...

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
trobb said:
Hell yeah! Tried to manual over a small-ish lip and landed sqaure on my elbows :oops:
Thought my elbows would never heal after that!

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
longest wheelie: very far, >200m. my mate on the other hand can wheelie for km's without thought, he just pops it up and off we ride. you haven't mastered the wheelie till you can turn corners, slow down, speed up, stop then start backhopping and then start off again.

Manual: full length of a basketball court (slight downhill), i am just getting them now by pulling back, ie not transferring from wheelie to manual.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Bonnet said:
longest wheelie: very far, >200m. my mate on the other hand can wheelie for km's without thought, he just pops it up and off we ride. you haven't mastered the wheelie till you can turn corners, slow down, speed up, stop then start backhopping and then start off again.

Manual: full length of a basketball court (slight downhill), i am just getting them now by pulling back, ie not transferring from wheelie to manual.
Turning corners is easy, the key is being able to go up and down hills. And stopping, doing a 180 in rear wheel hops and then starting again.

Another fun one is to find a big downhill road, go into a sitdown manual, and then do a huge no footer, just roll along on the back wheel with your legs hanging way out your sides. Very amusing.

Oppy

Likes Dirt
I Love manuals they are the shit (I would bag them if I could not do them) at The moment I am working on coming out of a half pipe and landing in manual. Longest manual about 40-50 meters (Who measures them?) Wheelies at will. Best Wheelie, the board walk at underwood park, if you don't make the corner you end up in the drink! My mate Chris McCormick busts that board walk doing one handed wheelies across it. That boy has skills to burn. He also does one handed manuals, that is only one hand on the bars and both feet off and no handed wheelies.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Socket said:
trobb said:
01 250 did it a week or so ago (hahaha mark, you do some crazy things). Check his "I hate manuals" thread in the off-topic forum.
yeah i came off tw weeks ago on the way back from school, got bad grazes then on the weekend after opened up the wounds again after stacking a one footer.

fastrider gus

super huck
i used to be unreal at high speed manuals... i used to go down a road in geelong and be able to overtake cars on the back wheel... then i lost the nack after a long period with dodgie brakes.. now im gettin them back again! im trying lazy boys (no-foot-one-hander manuals) but they are hella hard to controll..