Marylyn Help !!

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
this is another music topic (sorry) but its urgent !!

ok, a few months ago i downloaded the trailer to NWD4 and the song on it, "this is the new shit" or whatever has been in my head ever since...

what my question for you today is, what are the best marilyn manson albums / songs....

so what should i get ??

and who is a marilyn fan??

hes sick !!

G

beautiful people is a cool song and sweet dreams or whatever it is

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
slightly off topic here, but if you watch Resident Evil (the movie), they got Marilyn Manson to create the score for it. Surprisingly well done too i must admit.

S.

ex offender
Rock is Dead is pretty decent too.

For all his BS hardcore satanism etc, Manson does produce some good stuff.

pyrotek

Likes Bikes
Mechanical animals is good for an album
Speed of pain is good
Posthumanis nice
coma white
New Model No 15

umm other nice songs
burning flag
cryptorchid
Deformography
I Want to Disappear
King Kill!!!!
The Nobodies
Angel with the Scabbed Wings, ohh yeah!
Antichrist Superstar, nice work
Disposable Teens
Long Hard Road Out Of Hell

Anyway there a few of my favs
any of the ones said above are nice to
I am not fond of his new stuff though

Fritta

Likes Dirt
01_250 said:
Marylyn Manson is a dirty fuckhead but

"this is the new shit" is pretty good
i agree, i would never listen to someone who took out several of his ribs to suck his .... music. never really heard any of his songs though.

pyrotek

Likes Bikes
aha you have proof of that Fritta? or was it just "something you heard?"
from all you Manson hating friends?

No one is perfect man

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
wen u really listen to marilyns lyrics, and after i have read some of his essays, seen his artwork, anf watched his interviews, he really is one 'genius' hes got the industry figured out, and hes exactly seen the way by people the way hes want to been seen, yes he has dung sum fucked up stuff on stage..hm yes a stage a show etc, its an act to sum extent.. the name marilyn manson, is like derived from marilyn munroe, and the "?" manson the murder dude.. hes both beauty and ugly in the eyes of america, the world etc.

well some good CDs,
hm portrait of an american family is rad, then again i really liked hollywood but it took me a while 2 get into , and by far the best i have heard is anti christ superstar
cheers
sorry for the long winded, its fucked how ppl just bag out someone only when they have only heard one song and seen heard what society wants them to hear about them

wombat

Lives in a hole
Fritta said:
i agree, i would never listen to someone who took out several of his ribs to suck his .... music. never really heard any of his songs though.
This is exactly why the man is such a genius. Sure, he does some very interesting work, but some of it is pretty poor too; none of that matters though, because he's built such a strong image, it's an image that pisses some people off, but it attracts just as many. Like Phil said, he's got the industry sussed, and is making a living for himself.
The majority of the stories are bs anyway, and I've been told that he is a very normal guy in person.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fritta said:
never really heard any of his songs though.
so you've never really heard any of his music, but he sucks..........
y'see, this is why i think people are sheep.
go listen to some of his stuff, look at some of his clips, read some of his essays.
the guy has 165 HSIQ and is, by the dictionary definition, a genius.
some of his stuff also kinda sucks. but that last bit is purely my opinion.
it's like maynard of tool. the guy writers all the lyrics, directs all the clips, makes half of the claymation stuff they use for the clips, and writes incredibly insightful essays and short stories. just insanely talented all round. love that guys stuff. i feel the same way about manson.
unfortunatly a ot of manson fans tend to have the "i'm into manson cause he's such an individual, just me" without realising that they are exactly like all the other manson fans. thats kind of funny.
but fritta, take a look and a listen to an artists stuff before dropping uninformed opinions out there to be stomped on.

wombat

Lives in a hole
lupine128 said:
it's like maynard of tool. the guy writers all the lyrics, directs all the clips, makes half of the claymation stuff they use for the clips, and writes incredibly insightful essays and short stories. just insanely talented all round. love that guys stuff.
Ooh ooh, me toooo! Seriously though, I have a lot of respect for people like that who can think enough to form an opinion, and then articulate it in their art, and what lovely art it is. Have you heard his duet with Tori Amos (now there's another brillant mind), it is beautiful.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
heh, freind had a tori cd, and was grossly insulted when i said it sounded like a slightly out of tune kate bush cd........

wombat

Lives in a hole
She has a very interesting voice, but as a pianist she is bloody incredible. I can't help but draw similarities between her and a certain, young australian artist...

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
for interesting voice, travel back in time to the real punk era, and look for an artist called nina hagen.
classicaly trained opera singer, performed with the berlin opera company, then went full 70's punk.
unbelievable range, and can get dogs to bark 4 blocks away.
go have a look at a real punk, and leave this modern psuedo punk crap to die an ugly death.

sorry, i have issues with blink 182 and any other band with torn pants being called punk. it's a problem but i'm controlling it with medication

wombat

Lives in a hole
Oh, Nina Hagen was, well I don't know what she was but she sure as hell wasn't human! Her power just blew my mind.

Rik

logged out
Manson is an excellent businessman, hey sure knows how to play the shock-rock-god act very well.
As for his music, get Smells Like Children, it's one messed up piece of work, and I love it. Better than all the commercial junk released after it. That said, Antichrist Superstar still isn't a bad album.