Maxxis - is this normal?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been loving the grip from my new Maxxis DHF tyre and even recommended them in the other thread. However, this DHF is about 4 rides old and when I just took the wheel noticed that I have lost about 11 knobs off the side in a row.

I am not a very aggressive rider but is this normal?

IMG_3012.JPG

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Jesus,were you riding on razor blades?

I’ve torn side nobs off similiarly using schwalbes but not maxxis. You wouldn’t know what you were doing when that happened would you?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After the first ride I noticed I was missing 2 and remember thinking it was a bit odd as I was just riding very casually. It wasnt until I pulled it off today and saw them all going I reckon it might be a dud. I think I will email them and see what they say.

stirk

Burner
What does the rubber feel like?

Either a dud from factory and really soft or left in show room window in full sunlight for a year or two and rock hard.

Replacement required.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah, thats pretty bad. Fingers crossed they help out, tyres are a hard to warrany. Luckily you still have the mold string things still on so it shows its new.

binner

Hath shat hymself
dude , thats "as you were" you must be a janky corner railer.... wish I could do that to my maxxis.
Keep up the good work.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
dude , thats "as you were" you must be a janky corner railer.... wish I could do that to my maxxis.
Keep up the good work.
Nah looks like he was laying it flat and low over the volcano at the skate park, but buzzed on the landing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
hahhhhhhh volcano... wow i gotta revisit my old park
Well that was the name our skate park had for it...4 sided fun box with quarters all running up to the top and a little higher than the other fun box in the park.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What does the rubber feel like?

Either a dud from factory and really soft or left in show room window in full sunlight for a year or two and rock hard.

Replacement required.
Yep rubber feels super soft.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've had it happen before where the rubber was brittle but on continental x-kings and it happened on random knobs not in a neat row like that. First rock garden I ran over, I had to stop because it made a noise like someone was shooting at me with a slug gun.

cogs19

Likes Bikes
I recently had a problem with a new Schwalbe that was expelling air at the bead even though it was properly seated. I contacted CRC, filled out their warranty form, and they sent a new one. So perhaps contact the retailer as well.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recently had a problem with a new Schwalbe that was expelling air at the bead even though it was properly seated. I contacted CRC, filled out their warranty form, and they sent a new one. So perhaps contact the retailer as well.
Yep I decided to do this first and contacted pushys and will wait for how they reply.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pushy's said they dont think it is a warranty issue, offered me a cheap replacement, and asked if I did it from a long skid.

I said I don't know how someone could skid like that on their front wheel and that I am happy to follow it up with the supplier.

So it continues!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pushy's said they dont think it is a warranty issue, offered me a cheap replacement, and asked if I did it from a long skid.

I said I don't know how someone could skid like that on their front wheel and that I am happy to follow it up with the supplier.

So it continues!
If you've had a large front wheel washout on rocks. Can you fold the knobs over by hand and make them split or crack.
I had an issue with them, with brand new faulty made road tyres that were never fitted to the bike and they were very reluctant to give warranty until I challenged them.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you've had a large front wheel washout on rocks. Can you fold the knobs over by hand and make them split or crack.
I had an issue with them, with brand new faulty made road tyres that were never fitted to the bike and they were very reluctant to give warranty until I challenged them.
Just tried and couldn't make them split. They are very flexy though. On that tyre but on the other side one knob has a couple of nicks out of it but that is all. I find it too hard to believe that both sides should be so different. These were Maxx Grip and I tried a brand new Max Terra on the same trails over the weekend and there are no marks whatsoever on them.