Men with nose piercings

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have stretched ears (mine are 25mm, which a few years ago was considered huge. Now you see fuckers with 60mm-70mm that, to me is just trying too hard), but that guy with his fucking cheek holes, What the fuck, the pain in doing something like that would be horrendous. Imagine going for a swim! hahaha
I used to have a few piercings (8), now it seems pretty much the norm; So I removed all but my ear piercings. The one thing good about ear stretching becoming popular is that there a now some really cool plug designs!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I got a naval ring about 25 years ago

The blanks are slowly being filled. Every day your "weirdo" status is increasing................;)

My opinion? Some piercings look pretty cool on some goods (rock stars, stage acts etc) but on no hoper floggers walking the street in goth boots, it's just pure comedy and I'm glad people dot it. it livens the world up a little.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Nose rings are different but are very subtle compared to most things these days, especially those spacers everyone has these days.

When ever I am out at the pub and a bunch of 18 year old "cool kids" walk in and most have those spacer things in their ears, I want to put a padlock through their spacers and chain them all together. :wave:

MelbRod

Likes Dirt
Meh. Couldn't give a toss what others think. Nor should you. I got a naval ring about 25 years ago by a med student mate.
Mate you should have got a navel piercing instead. Those bloody naval rings make it a pain in the arse to use a bike seat...........Well, something in the arse, anyway!:yuck:

moorey

call me Mia
The blanks are slowly being filled. Every day your "weirdo" status is increasing................;)
Sorry to disappoint you, buddy, I've never had another piercing, not even ears, and only 2 small tatts, one I designed myself. :thumb:
Mate you should have got a navel piercing instead. Those bloody naval rings make it a pain in the arse to use a bike seat...........Well, something in the arse, anyway!:yuck:
It was an anchor, if that means anything :behindsofa:

Last edited:

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Piercings are for mentally ill people.

The only piercings I am tolerable of is ear piercings.

If someone has a stretcher or nose lip etc piercings I write them off as mentally ill and will avoid them.

Tattoo's are also dumb, but I mostly respect tattoo's as they can be quite artistic if done right.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I just find it strange that humans put holes in their bodies and hang shiny metal objects off themselves.

Just bizarre.
Is this coming from the man who once put holes in his body and tried to hang himself off an object?!?! :wink:

As for the thread itself, how critical can folk be if whether or not someone puts a ring through their nose is a topic for heated debate.

For f***s sake, it's not as if this is an issue of sexual attraction (or maybe it is?) or public health and safety.

I personally have no piercings whatsoever. I'm not averse to them though, just could never be arsed getting any. They look good on some people, terrible on others and like tattoos (of which I've got a few) people will sometimes go over the top. The only major difference between them however is when Justin fucking Bieber starts walking around with piercings and a sleeve, you can at least get rid of your piercings...

moorey

call me Mia
Piercings are for mentally ill people.

The only piercings I am tolerable of is ear piercings.

If someone has a stretcher or nose lip etc piercings I write them off as mentally ill and will avoid them.

Tattoo's are also dumb, but I mostly respect tattoo's as they can be quite artistic if done right.
So many contradictions....again, from the man with the assault rifle avatar.
Glad you don't judge books by their covers. I hope you never sook up when you feel people unfairly judge you :thumb:

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
So many contradictions....again, from the man with the assault rifle avatar.
Glad you don't judge books by their covers. I hope you never sook up when you feel people unfairly judge you :thumb:
Nope. I'm a man, real men don't have feelings.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
It comes down to what your profession is. If you are a white collar worker, whatever you have must be able to be covered by normal work clothes... tatts, etc...

An engineer, lawyer, accountant, doctor, etc wouldn't do it for professional reasons (have things that cannot be covered). You would not be taken seriously... complain all you want but it's just how it is.

Any other type of work. .. Go for it if that's your thing. .. personally I would rather spend the money on a bike part. .. Lots of coffee, etc.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As eloquently demonstrated by Skydome, you'll find that it's usually the people without piercings and tattoos that are quick to completely write you off, where as you don't usually see tattooed and pierced people quick to jump on their back about their lack of body mods. :wave:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Piercings suck. Keep it el natural.

As for people stretching their shit out to put in a plastic bushing? what-the-actual-fuck.

Tattoos are A-OK:)

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It comes down to what your profession is. If you are a white collar worker, whatever you have must be able to be covered by normal work clothes... tatts, etc...

An engineer, lawyer, accountant, doctor, etc wouldn't do it for professional reasons (have things that cannot be covered). You would not be taken seriously... complain all you want but it's just how it is.

Any other type of work. .. Go for it if that's your thing. .. personally I would rather spend the money on a bike part. .. Lots of coffee, etc.
I don't really think it's relevant now days. I work in the 'white collar' industry, In a Engineering firm for a major service company. There is over 20 people with full sleeve or neck tattoo's. Two people with ear gauges; and one unicorn. I think what is defined as a 'body modification' is pretty much the norm these days. I think people who are bothered by these 'body modification' types need to get out more.