Menai (Lucas Heights) Closed to the Public

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Oi nerf, your a god damned f*cking saint of trails.

May all your egg rolls have f*cking bacon on them

S

shore_2

Likes Dirt
are the downhill/free ride tracks open again?
As far as i'm concerned if they are going to drive a 30t bulldozer through it and you want to ride your 15kg MTB on some little tracks then it's unofficially open. Anyway what are you meant to do, MTB has been completely neglected, no facilities anywhere in Sydney but a few short trails in RNP where you wait to have a head on with another bike or walker around every corner.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Stupid actions often lead to excessively stupid reactions, however and more hopefully, riders and "builders" can see that this is a crucial time, which could lead to solutions to address the exact issues raised above re lack of formalised facilities for mountain bike riders.

I'd suggest we continue to consider the trails officially closed, considering it is officially closed and sign posted.

Reps continue to ask riders to keep off the affected trails.

Thanks for your support

PERREN

Squid
To those mtbkers i saw at Menai this morn when I drove past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,

After nearly a year we (the menai trail reps) have gained great respect from Council, ANSTO and Ganangarra groups in our push to gain LEGAL access to the Menai Trail networks. We are in the process of getting a GREAT thing for Mountain Biking in our area.

Please guys allow us to finish this project and limit the road blocks that some riders are throwing at us causing Landholders to stall even threaten to pull the pin.

So I know its taking time but hay Lithgow took 3 years to get to where we were at 4 months.

We are gaining ground and fingers crossed we'll be Legally riding "downward slopping technical " and xc trails again soon.

Thanks for staying outa Menai anywhere

Perren
Menai Trail Proposal Guy

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
[h=2]Council Meeting[/h]
When:6:30pm Monday, 23 Apr 2012
Where: 4-20 Eton Street, Sutherland NSW
Meeting of the Council of the Sutherland Shire

Normally, staff reports for the relevant meeting are released 1 week prior to the scheduled meeting ... reps suggest that a brief email to councillors be forwarded by as may riders and supports of MTB access, supporting staff recommendations. highlighting willingness to participate in trail rationalisation and conversion of trails to IMBA guidelines ... and thanks to councillors for supporting this initiative.

If you are not on the ssorc mailing list, or in contact with Steve Mowles, Perren, Sutho Club or HORCC ( I forget if thats the Helensburg or Heathcote club - apologies guys), then I suggest emailing ssorc to get on the list for further and more detailed info.

With thanks

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
If you did not get an email this morning with further news, and want to be involved please email ssorc (at) hotmail.com for more info.

Note:
Staff report will not be tabled for the 23rd April Council meeting
- we have canned the relevant email campaign.

*edit
apologies, for those that attended the pre-christmas meeting @ The sutherland club. if you didn't get an email its either in your spam, or I just couldn't read your address clearly enough. Sorry ... please email ssorc if you want to continue to be involved

SUBJECT : Selling Dumps Track 1+2 & Track 2

No Need to tell long stories just work.........!!!
The dumps we have are from our own source.

Rules.
1. NO TEST , NO FREE STUFF
2. NO MINIMUM ORDER WITH WMZ/LR
3. WU/MG minimum 200$ plus 10% drop fee
4. Replacement time is 24hours

PRICES

USA 101
Classic/Standart 30$
Gold/Platinum 40$
BUSINESS/Corporate/Signature 50$

Europe/Asia/others 101
Classic 90$
Gold/Platinum 120$
Corporate/Bussiness 150$
Infiniti 200$

Europe/Asia/others 201
Classic 60$
Gold/Platinum 90$
Corporate/Bussiness 110$
Infiniti 150$

Contact support for further details.
Im not even going to speculate what this dude has been smoking.
SCAMMER!!!!!!! GRRRRR

PERREN

Squid
Menai meeting not tmw.

Hey guys
Some folks still think that the meeting is on tmw re Menai
But it not so can you all tell your mates and stay timed for an update
Thanks
The Menai Reps

Steve Mowle

Likes Bikes
Menai MTB Park. Great News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are yet to hear...

GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have just returned from our SSC meeting with the 15 Councilors.
Our proposal was accepted unopposed.
11 months of very hard work has paid off.
The MTB Park will go ahead.
Our proposal was very positively welcomed by many Councilors.
We were unable to obtain interim use of the land in the meantime, so we ask all MTBers to remain off the trails until further notice.
Thanks to all who have offered their support and to those who took the time to send emails to the Councilors.
We will keep you informed.

Yahoo!

Steve Mowle

Steve Mowle

Likes Bikes
Menai update...

To answer the main question: We have no exact dates as to when we will have access to the trails.

We are continuing to work with the SSC and ANSTO; completing a Memorandum of Understanding; finalising our trail rationalisation process, which includes the rehabilitation of some existing trails and the design and construction of new trails; trail signage and grading; and discussing our options regarding a future club structure.
All very positive, with work still to do.:tickled_pink:

We will be asking for help by way of volunteers in the future, primarily in organised trail maintenance days.

For further updates, or to post support, visit the Menai MTB Park proposal Facebook page.

Once again, we ask all riders to remain off the trails in the meantime.