Meta AM 29

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That is some great pricing for a great bike, we'll see tons of these around I reckon.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$4.3k for the base model with a lyric is great money too. Probably weighs 20kg but who gives a shit.

Z

Zaf

I guess bike weight factors into it a little when you've only got 500% gear range to play with.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Looks good. Probably a bit too much of a bruiser for a lot Aus trails though.

Hopefully we get to see a shorter travel version shortly too.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
16.1kg in a large with no pedals. That's almost as much as Zaf's Nicolai with a gearbox, and my 14 year old XL RM Switch with coils front and rear. That is freaking porky. I expect it will be a tough bike. I wonder how much the Fox version cuts on weight.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive thought about it a bit more. Its just too heavy for a bike you have to pedal back up the hill. A carbon reign weighs nearly 14kg without a coil and that thing is a cnt to actually ride anywhere apart from going down a 10% slope. Keen to ride one though and it prove me wrong....

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I love that video. Great editing. The manufacturing stuff reminded me of Life Cycles.

I'm pretty stoked they've launched this thing....I'm looking for a new do-it-all later this year - this is now short-listed.
(I woulda considering the 27.5 Meta AM....'cept I want join the wagon wheel cult).

There was a video floating around a while ago with guys strapping lumps of lead to their frames & then timing their descents....IRC they were faster with more weight....up to a point...

Z

Zaf

Ive thought about it a bit more. Its just too heavy for a bike you have to pedal back up the hill. A carbon reign weighs nearly 14kg without a coil and that thing is a cnt to actually ride anywhere apart from going down a 10% slope. Keen to ride one though and it prove me wrong....
If it's a few kilos that's beating you from getting up a hill, think that says more about you than the bike.

Luckily you can improve yourself, and when you do that enough a bike like that might respect you enough to let you ride it without trying to kill you.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
on my short list

Killing all the weight weenies and carbon wankers by pure results...….
and that rad chunt killing it in the 50/01 vids
Isn’t that 50/1 bloke on the short travel bike?

These new commencals look brilliant, I’d stick to the 27.5 version though.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I only know the weight of my bike in a bike bag sitting on QANTAS's scale. It's 23kg combined and I have a bunch of parts in my other luggage.
In summary; I have no idea what my bikes weigh and genuinely don't care. If it charges the down's and is geared to make my climbing easier (Eagle) then it's a win for me.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Look's like an awesome bike!

I hope they're working on a 130-140mm trail model. A stout 140mm 29er with a Lyrik or similar at this price point would be perfect!

Z

Zaf

They've got a Meta TR 29er in the works already. The special edition has had some pre-release photos floating around for a few weeks now in British Racing Green.

EDIT: and I bet this is going to be too heavy for most of you as well.

Last edited by a moderator: