Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

Jake_6693

Likes Dirt
Been listening to alot of Carpathian and 50 Lions lately.

Also about the 2010 parkway album, I heard it's coming out around october. Watched the parkway drives DVD a few days ago and I loved it, really really good dvd.
Your are my new best friend!
50 Lions new album "When Life Expires" is the sickest shit going round.

If you like Carpathian, get into a band called Have Heart.

But support the local stuff, Parkway are Australian heroes I believe, I love Australian hardcore: Behind Crimson Eyes, Mary Jane Kelly, Deez Nuts, The Getaway Plan's old stuff, Never See Tomorrow.

(soundwave is going to be sick!)

Matt H

Eats Squid
Nice wikiquoting.

But seriously, admiting a liking of brokencyde pretty much means everything you say about hardcore or punk is automatically void.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody here listen or heard of brokenCYDE?
Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ultimate hatred for them? There either a love or hate band, but each to there own.
No, its more of a matter of when will those who like them wake up and smell the roses.

My face has been pretty much this @__@ after reading/listening to the posts on the second page.

Maurice.

Banned
Yep/

BrokenCYDE and Attack! Attack! are possibly the worst cross-over hardcore bands.

Fuck hardcore sub-sub genres.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But seriously, admiting a liking of brokencyde pretty much means everything you say about hardcore or punk is automatically void.
Amen.

Was anyone else in here dissapointed by No Time to Bleed? (Suicide Silences new CD)

Winds of Plagues new CD on the other hand...... :D:D Classic Struggle is <3

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hang on, I never said I LIKED brokenCYDE.
Simply just asked if anybody had heard of them.

Korn is some pretty good old schoolish hardcore.

Arete

Likes Dirt
Korn - hardcore?

Rites of Spring - emocore?

Ian Mackaye - "inventor of straight edge"?

Dude, fail.

However if you like Rites of Spring you'd probably like Heroin, which are an awesome band. Others in the same general region of goodness and vintage are the Vibrators, Justice Leauge, Clit 45, Monster Squad, etc.

The Oppressed currently is in high rotation in my girlfriend's car, who if you're into self righteous punk are way up there as the founders of SHARP (Skin Heads Against Racial Persecution).

Speaking of Heroin, I went and saw Leftover Crack recently and they were actually good, despite my expectations.

I am also currely listening to the Black Dahlia Murder who are also good.

/ramble

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have Heart are sick, you will love them if you love straight up style.

Also check out Kid Dynamite if your into that sort of thing.

maskerade

Likes Bikes
Emocore bands include: Alexisonfire, Underoath, Saosin, A Static Lullaby, The Bled, Dead Poetic, From Autumn To Ashes, Engine Down, Thursday, Finch, Dismissed, Matchbook Romance, Earth Crisis, Snapcase and Boysetsfire etc.
por que?

Ok, you were correct on the fugazi thing... emotional hardcore moved away from the straight up thrash it out 50 second songs that dominated the 80s and moved more into singing that yelling (big difference to screaming)

On the "emocore" bands i think its a little harsh to put in some quality bands lumped in with some extremely unoriginal bands that just became popular...
eg.
-Earth Crisis basically started up the big mosh heavy metal tinged hardcore bands of the 90s and were big proponents of the vegan straight edge lifestyle
-Snapcase took hardcore into a more progressive place (similar to Refused) and paved the way for a lot of bands to be more experimental with hardcore, punk etc.
-similarly Alexisonfire started something a bit different with their duelling vocals and as much as people try to pigeonhole so many bands as screamo, emo, core this and core that the simple fact is its just music and people will like what they like...

so... on the knowledge tip i can highly recommend bands such as,
descendents
all
dag nasty
black flag
suicidal tendencies
sick of it all
champion
betrayed
comeback kid

for now...

and some aussie goodness
mid youth crisis/one inch punch
irrelevant
toe to toe
and... if you like bands like refused, snapcase, the bled, alexisonfire check out an extremely underated band called BRISK