Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

Gripo

Eats Squid
Just finished watching the doco Metal Evolution (11 episodes) by Sam Dunn...who's also done the other metal docos "Metal a Headbangers Journey" & "Global Metal"...

I recommend them all!

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big metal-head here, Probably not hard to tell due to my DP. I have been listening to metal for around 15 years or so now and I thought I would post up some bands that I like.
(By Band name).

Heavy shizz:
Opeth - Amasing Live performances
Vildhjarta - My personal favorite
Born Of Osiris - saw them live last month, they were awesome.
Veil of Maya
Circle Of Contempt
Whitechapel
Between The Burried and Me - Really good band live, performed bohemian rhapsody as one of there encore's.
The Acacia Strain
A Plea For Purging
For Today
GOROD
Chelsea Grin
All Shall Perish
I Declare War
Whitechapel
The Crimson Armada
Anata
Inhale Exhale
serianna
Fit For A King
IN HEARTS WAKE
ShIinto Katana
Thy Art Is Murder
The Gifts Of Ghosts
Divine Heresy
Apostate
Breakdown Of Sanity
Suicide Silence
EMMURE
CARNIFEX
Betraying The Martyrs
Attila
Despised Icon
Asonists Get All The Girls
RAVENFACE
Oceano
Sleeping Giant
Darkest Hour
God Forbid
WE BUTTER THE BREAD WITH BUTTER - Funny band!
rings of saturn - Heavy as fuk
Mastodon

Other:
Protest The Hero

Good Aussie Bands (not all metal)
Karnivool - Seeing soon!
The Beards
Sinch
Overreactor
Full Scale (Revolution)
MAMMAL
Floating Me - one of my favs
Twelve Foot Ninja
CIRE
Dead Letter Circus

Last edited:

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Twelve foot ninja

Twelve Foot Ninja

Watched these guys open for Fear Factory - Incredible! They put on an awesome show and have really cool sound... a bit Mike Patton-esque in the volcals. Definitely check them out.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
So.... warped 2013? Dinterested if the offspring play, a definite YES YES MOTHERFUCKER if reel big fish make it
Anyrhing else is a bonus.

I grew up on 90s punk/ska and just the mention of the warped tour takes ne back.

Would love to see a crazy 'old' school lineup.. bad religion, propaghandi, frenzal; mighty mightys, rbf etc etc. Id be the frothiest dude out.

Anyway, im gonna go see reel big fish and scream every word of beer ib december. Are you?

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Warped tour is a massive letdown. Simple plan? how and why god damn it! There are three bands I'de like to see, parkway, we came as Romans and for all those sleeping. At $99 a ticket it's better of going to the parkway 10 yet anniversary tour for $40. Anyways here's the poster.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373708426.392076.jpg

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;5qav2BtZscE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qav2BtZscE&list=PLB1D6DD0EE4C506AC[/video]

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ffdptherighetousvol1.jpg

Particularly this track. Sorry for the vid, it's a guitar cover, but the album is still new, no official vids on the tube yet-

[video=youtube;Z5Yxkj9cAns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Yxkj9cAns&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Last edited:

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
I'm keen on selling my MELBOURNE Warped ticket to anyone interested. I'm fine with selling it for $70-$80 or even lower since I'm super keen on getting it out of here. I just don't feel motivated to go anymore, it's unfortunate but it gives me money for other gigs.
P.S If you want proof of the ticket I can post a photo of it and I would prefer to ride it/drive it to the buyer or have them pick it up just so nothing goes wrong with Aus post.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Alert but not alarmed. Hasn't caught me but then this probably isn't my subgenre.

On the other hand, there's a new Mastodon album in just a few weeks. Yeehaa!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New rise against on jjj last night. It was not bad. But did not leave me unable to sleep from excitement.

haulawayjoe

Likes Bikes
Who's keen on the new Amity album?
I haven't heard the album yet but am really liking Pittsburgh.

New rise against on jjj last night. It was not bad. But did not leave me unable to sleep from excitement.
Their last album was alright but it all sounded a bit the same. Their best two albums are Appeal to Reason and Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

I have been listening to these guys a bit lately.

Max Raptor

[video=youtube;I6BBiPwSffY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6BBiPwSffY[/video]

Last edited: