Michael Jackson Dead

toodles

Wheel size expert
Wow did't this thread go down the garden path.

Olly - I appreciate what you're saying mate, but your argument is practically voided by the condecending delivery and insulting stereotypes you've chosen to push across with it.

Joking about anybody's death is 50% piss-taking and 50% dealing with the reality of the situation.

He's dead, we get it. He's also a songwriter, dancer, singer and performer who influenced and inspired a billion people worldwide. A fantastic contributor to charity, and all round genius.

However, no matter how many charities you've supported (easy to do when you've got enough money to have solid gold robotic busts made of yourself), it doesn't change the fact they guy bought off the parents of the children he was accused of molesting, paid off witnesses and essentially went broke buying his way out of some pretty heinous criminal charges.

My opinion - and it sounds heartless - is that he would have been better off croaking at 35 at his peak and being remembered for the good stuff. The last few years have been a steady downward slide for the guy.

emcgough

Likes Dirt
However, no matter how many charities you've supported (easy to do when you've got enough money to have solid gold robotic busts made of yourself), it doesn't change the fact they guy bought off the parents of the children he was accused of molesting, paid off witnesses and essentially went broke buying his way out of some pretty heinous criminal charges.
The issue here is whether or not he mollested kids, not the moral issues surrounding paying people off. I mean, he obviously had copious amounts of money, so why would you bother going through court to prove your innocence when you can just throw a bit of cash at it? It doesn't necessarily mean he was guilty and hiding it, it could simply mean that he couldn't be fucked going to a million court hearings.

I can just as easily point the finger at the so called "victims" families. Why did they accept payouts from MJ, when they could have gone through court system, had him convicted, then gone through the compensation process and probably got even more out of him than he was willing to pay them off with anyway?? Perhaps because they too, couldn't be fucked? ring any bells? Oh yeah, that's exactly what MJ may have been doing, but nobody believes it might be a possibility, as people like to assume things and rag on people.
My opinion - and it sounds heartless - is that he would have been better off croaking at 35 at his peak and being remembered for the good stuff. The last few years have been a steady downward slide for the guy.
Better for who? Yes, the media would have us believe that he's been on a downward spiral, but when was the last time you talked to MJ one on one? Perhaps he didn't actually want to die, and maybe he wanted to live past the ripe age of 50.

And before someone calls me on being sensitive or overly PC, re-read my post again. I'm honestly not affected by any insults you want to throw at MJ, they don't offend me whatsoever and I have no problems with it. I'm not a big MJ fan, never was.... I'm quite interested though in people's reactions to situations like this, I reckon society is quite crazy.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I agree. His career had been dead since the end of the 80s anyway. All he was for the last couple of decades was a professional freakshow.

Who liked to share his bed with ten-year-old boys.

toodles

Wheel size expert
The issue here is whether or not he mollested kids, not the moral issues surrounding paying people off. I mean, he obviously had copious amounts of money, so why would you bother going through court to prove your innocence when you can just throw a bit of cash at it? It doesn't necessarily mean he was guilty and hiding it, it could simply mean that he couldn't be fucked going to a million court hearings.

I can just as easily point the finger at the so called "victims" families. Why did they accept payouts from MJ, when they could have gone through court system, had him convicted, then gone through the compensation process and probably got even more out of him than he was willing to pay them off with anyway?? Perhaps because they too, couldn't be fucked? ring any bells? Oh yeah, that's exactly what MJ may have been doing, but nobody believes it might be a possibility, as people like to assume things and rag on people.

Better for who? Yes, the media would have us believe that he's been on a downward spiral, but when was the last time you talked to MJ one on one? Perhaps he didn't actually want to die, and maybe he wanted to live past the ripe age of 50.

And before someone calls me on being sensitive or overly PC, re-read my post again. I'm honestly not affected by any insults you want to throw at MJ, they don't offend me whatsoever and I have no problems with it. I'm not a big MJ fan, never was.... I'm quite interested though in people's reactions to situations like this, I reckon society is quite crazy.
Fair points... However $160 million dollars is a fair bit of money to throw away to avoid going to court. Plus police don't lay charges for no reason.

Not ironclad proof mind you, just saying.

As for his death, well it should be fuckin obvious that dying at 35 isn't good, I just meant that at 35 public opinion of MJ was incredible. 15 years later - not so good.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Sing along ala South Park...
" Have you ever been up my wishing tree,
Where we can dance and sing and dream,
Chick-a-pee-salsa,
Oooooh-hoooooo-
Showmore....."

RIP Jacko.

(although cardiac arrest is such a common mans road to heaven; wouldn't choking on a plastic nose have been more 'thrilling'?).

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(although cardiac arrest is such a common mans road to heaven; wouldn't choking on a plastic nose have been more 'thrilling'?).
Dude you are just as bad as one of my teachers.

"Hey sir Michael Jackson died!"
"Yeah I heard, what a 'thriller'!"
"No, sir, no"
"Oh, I guess I better 'beat it'"

aidz44

Likes Dirt
well this thread has grown REALLY quickly.
should be another thread with all the text messages floating around. i just can't be assed searching

new guy

Likes Dirt
…………………………,-~”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;-;”;;;;;;;;;;¯”~-,…………………
…………………….,-~“;;,;”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;-;”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”~-,…………….
………………….,-“;;;,;-”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;-;”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-,………….
……………….,-“;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,”;;;;;;;;_;; ;;;,; ;;;;;;;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-,………..
…………….,-“;;;;,;”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-“¯”~””::::¯”¯”\;;;;;;;;;;\,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-,………
………….../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,,-~”….”.~.”.¯.”.~.-,”-,_;;;;;;;-,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…….
…………,/;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-“/……………………….”\,;;;;;\;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\……
……….,-“;;;;;;;/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,/,/…………………………..”-,;;;;;\;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…..
……..,-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/./………………………………\;;;;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…
……,- “;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;”;;;;,/,/………………………………...\;;;;;\;;;;;;;;;\;;;;\;;;;\.
…../,/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-“;;;;,/;;;,/~-,…………………..__„„„„„—„….|;;;\;;|;;;;;;;;;;\;;;\;; ;;
….|;;;;;;;;;;;,/;;;;;;,/;;;;;,/,-;;,/”~-,”~-,…………..,-~”_„-~~~-,”-,...|;;;;\|;;;;;;;;;;;\;;;\;;;
....|;;;;;;;;;;;/;;;;;;,;;;;/;;|;;;;/_.-,…¯””………….”~”¯………….”\|..|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;
…|;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;,;;”;;;;|;;,-,;;/,,”~-,’-,…”-,……,-“…..,-~_„„„„_……../|;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;|;,;;;;\;;
…/;;;;;;;/;;;;;;;|;;;;;;/|;;//;;/-,_,-“_)-…./……|……,-~”,-“””-, .“-,…./.|;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;|;;;;,;;;
...|;;;;;;;;;;;;/;;;,;;;;|..|;//;/~””””¯……..|……|…….”~-,”~~” . ,/…/..|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;\;;;;
…|;;;;;;;;;;;/;;;;;;;;|..||.,“/……………|…….|…………¯”””””¯…./…|;/;;;;;;;;;;;;\;;;;;;|;;;
…\;;;;;;;;;;/;;;;;;;;;\..|……………….|,……|,…………………..|..,/;;;/;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;
..,/;;;;;;;;”;;;;;;;;;;;;\,……………,-~””-….,-“..”\.……………….|,/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
,-“;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\”-,…………(,..(‘)¯”¯(”\....).………………,|;;;;;;;;;;;,;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|…\……………...¯¯…..-“……………..,-“..|,;;;;;;;;;;;\;;;;|;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;|….\………………………………….,-“……”~,;;;;;;;;;-,;;”;;;”;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…..|…,--,--~~--,…,--,_………….,-“.|………./;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\;|;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\….|….”-,”~~--„„,¯__„„„¯”~~-,…..|…,……..,/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;
;;;\;;;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\,..\…….¯”~-„__::::::_„„„--~”…….\..)……,/;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”|;;;
;”;-;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”\\…………….¯¯¯…………….,-“….,-“;;;\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,\,\…………………………..,-“_,-~/,-“;;,;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;| .|”~-,_……,-……………_„-~”…,/;;;,/;;-“/;;;;;;;;;;;;

At the end of the day he was just another guy. Why does everyone care so much.
Im not a huge MJ fan but back in the day, especially when he was young, he made some great music which is still popular from people of all ages.

He also did have his bad side which sent his name into the media a bit so his death got around quite quickly.

Again to me his is pretty much just another guy but he has done plenty to make him an extraordinary person.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Was an interesting article in the Herald yesterday, stating he had barely any hair during the autopsy and was wearing a wig for some amount of time.

Also the family is believed to have said that there is going to be a public viewing. Glass coffin style.