Mick Fanning is one lucky SOB

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Speaking of drawing a long bow....I wasn't connecting these 2 events, Einstein, I was possibly connecting the cage diving industry with helping associate boats with food. Sharks seemingly didn't used to be interested in boats, but seem to have become more familiar and, at least inquisitive of them. Just my thoughts, I have no evidence of it, and no plans to argue the point.
Shark finning is still widely practised in massive numbers, using the same logic you could argue that most sharks would associate boats with being food. Ultimately we're completely scoobied when it comes to the motives of animals

To change the topic, I heard a snippet of Kelly Slater talking. He says every surfer knows the risk of sharks in that location, and it is on his mind constantly. I would be surprised if ONE of them supported a cull.
Taj Burrows was a noted supporter of the WA shark cull.

pussy :rolleyes:

stirk

Burner
Funny how this thread turned into a debate on this forum. :woot:

Sharks have been munching on humans since humans have been swimming in their buffet.

They are getting revenge for the tease a cage swimmer provides without delivering the goods. Look but don't touch. Makes human males pissed off too when they go clubbing in the cross.

Luckily for many the shark may have a nibble but rarely finishes the meal.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Funny how this thread turned into a debate on this forum. :woot:

Sharks have been munching on humans since humans have been swimming in their buffet.

They are getting revenge for the tease a cage swimmer provides without delivering the goods. Look but don't touch. Makes human males pissed off too when they go clubbing in the cross.

Luckily for many the shark may have a nibble but rarely finishes the meal.
Since 1580, 2899 attacks with 548 fatalities, World wide. It ain't an issue.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Stats are wrong - just in NSW, there have been 96 fatal attacks since european colonisation - do the maths

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_shark_attacks_in_Australia

There are many hundreds in that list for Australia alone

Edit - just to add, there were some 600 men taken by sharks in a single event - the sinking of the Indianapolis - only 300 of the 900 men survived
Really?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_attack

300 surviving out of 900 doesn't mean 600 were taken by sharks. People drown you know?

moorey

call me Mia
Shark finning is still widely practised in massive numbers, using the same logic you could argue that most sharks would associate boats with being food. Ultimately we're completely scoobied when it comes to the motives of animals

Taj Burrows was a noted supporter of the WA shark cull.

pussy :rolleyes:
One is caught on a long line, the other is burlied to the boat. I hadn't heard that about Taj, the cock, but even attack victims and almost always sharks biggest advocates.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is everyone blind to the facts? Alien abduction!!!

Cull the sharks. Cull them good before they have a chance to evolve into land dwelling beasts bent on destroying all that we know! In some cases that won't be much...

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Is everyone blind to the facts? Alien abduction!!!

Cull the sharks. Cull them good before they have a chance to evolve into land dwelling beasts bent on destroying all that we know! In some cases that won't be much...
rs_1024x710-150202131055-1024.Katy-Perry-Super-Bowl-Shark.2.ms.020115.jpg

It's too late...and you're 100% right, what they're bent on destroying isn't much.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It can't be referred to as a "shark attack" can it? It's more of an encounter as the only apparent attack was when the mad dog punched the poor shark. I reckon that Mick Fanning would be charged if this happened in Australian waters as Australia has a law for and against EVERYTHING. Surely he'd be facing some sort of manslaughter charge? It wasn't a provoked attack, the shark was cruising along and wham! Coward punch is the term the media will use, this could spiral out of control now as allegations of premeditated assault could come to light. It cold even be alleged that Mick Fanning followed the shark from Australian waters and king hit him in another country hoping to avoid some sort of charges in Australia.