mid travel 29er suggestions

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Check with the dealers what stock there is But should only be a couple of weeks (hopefully less) before the latest batch is done... Or so I'm told.
The local dealer is finding out what Large frames will be available and when, but the indicative timing was 'soon'
Mine will definitely be a budget build, but hopefully pretty capable in the right hands (i.e., not mine...)

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The local dealer is finding out what Large frames will be available and when, but the indicative timing was 'soon'
Mine will definitely be a budget build, but hopefully pretty capable in the right hands (i.e., not mine...)
Nothing wrong with a budget build. Mine has XT 786 level drivetrain and brakes that are several years and bikes old. Hubs (with new spokes and rims) that are also many years old.
Go with what you can. The spec level won’t reduce your happiness with the excellent frame.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Turns out Banshee aren't doing black Primes this build run. Frowny face...

Frustratingly that's what I'd been basing my build on. I have a silver LE Mezzer at home that I'm going to return now, and a black 44mm offset one on order instead. Lucky the rest of the parts for black should also work for a raw frame. And the raw is also pretty sweet looking. Seems a bit vain changing forks, but I want this to be the bike I stare at in the shed and think damn... That's a hot looking bicycle!

Rorschach

Turns out Banshee aren't doing black Primes this build run. Frowny face...

Frustratingly that's what I'd been basing my build on. I have a silver LE Mezzer at home that I'm going to return now, and a black 44mm offset one on order instead. Lucky the rest of the parts for black should also work for a raw frame. And the raw is also pretty sweet looking. Seems a bit vain changing forks, but I want this to be the bike I stare at in the shed and think damn... That's a hot looking bicycle!
Goddammit, mines in the queue too - when was yours due? I Most of my stuff is suited to a black frame too, but I was looking forward to a black one :(

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
It's due nowish. Apparently being built this run. But I was told banshee weren't happy with the anodised finish so they're only doing raw this time. I didn't ask how long until they build more frames.

Rorschach

It's due nowish. Apparently being built this run. But I was told banshee weren't happy with the anodised finish so they're only doing raw this time. I didn't ask how long until they build more frames.
Hmm, mine is due in May so may be in the next run?
I even bought coloured grips and pedals to add some colour to the stealth look, they won't look as good on the raw one

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe look at ordering a sticker set to add some life to it. I think the raw V3’s look a little bland compared to the V2’s. Become Unique have made some interesting looking sticker sets of late, check them out on FB.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Too bad any painting voids banshee warranty. I even asked about just painting over the (already painted) rocker link, and they said it'd probably be fine. But no warranty for any rocker link issues if I painted it.
No blacking out a frame with ol’ fiddly bits then.
Luckily the raw frames look good anyway.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Too bad any painting voids banshee warranty. I even asked about just painting over the (already painted) rocker link, and they said it'd probably be fine. But no warranty for any rocker link issues if I painted it.
Well the piece of paper that came with my Paradox explicitly says that their paint and anodising finish carries no warranty at all. Thought that was a bit preemptive and in violation of ACL in any case.

A bit odd as a smaller mtb enthusiast brand to carry on like this.