Missing bloke up at Buller

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What bike did he have? I was up there just this weekend. No way I could tell if Isaw him or not, but I'd definately know if I saw his bike?!!

Or was this a walk? It's a little unclear. Anyhow good luck and I hope he gets found. It's a real forest out there.

Strewth. Not good at all. Can only begin to imagine the anguish his wife & ride-buddies are going through over his disappearance.

What bike did he have? Or was this a walk? It's a little unclear.
Article clearly states that the poor guy's left the place they'd rented in Sawmill Settlement (for a ride weekend) in basic clothing & gone for what was meant to be a short walk at 9:30pm Sunday & he's been missing since.

If he was going for a general amble around the main part of Settlement itself (or even Changue or Alpine Ridge Rds) then it should've been relatively straightforward given the layout of the streets & the houses all being within a relatively condensed area. As pointed out, it's pretty darn steep & dense terrain surrounding Sawmill. I'll certainly keep the fingers & toes crossed for the guy.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What a horrible situation. Regardless of the outcome, this period of time must be harrowing for all involved. I hope he just popped outside for s spliff and the grass was greener than he expected and he's just waiting for it to wear off.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
he sounds pretty fit and knowledgeable of bush, can't go too far walking overnight, knows area so a bit of a mystery. could have fallen and be unconscious or encountered something more sinister or just don't want to be found, or has innocently become lost. either-way hope he's found. if it was closer to Melbourne I'd hope we'd be out looking.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
he sounds pretty fit and knowledgeable of bush, can't go too far walking overnight, knows area so a bit of a mystery. could have fallen and be unconscious or encountered something more sinister or just don't want to be found, or has innocently become lost. either-way hope he's found. if it was closer to Melbourne I'd hope we'd be out looking.
body found, less than 1k from house. sounds like suicide as no report of anything else.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Just read the ABC online news article and it says his body was found in a steep area of dense scrub. Sounds like it could still be a tragic accident?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Just read the ABC online news article and it says his body was found in a steep area of dense scrub. Sounds like it could still be a tragic accident?
Still gave the lifeline spiel at the end of all the reports, so I'd say Suicide hasn't been ruled out.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I heard from a semi reliable source it was a suicide.

I did think it strange that he went missing from Sawmill settlement, but was found less than 1 km from there beside the Delatite. He'd have had to cross the road to get there if I'm not mistaken? an engineer, so obviously not stupid. He'd have surely been close enough to the road or been smart enough to follow the river had he been disoriented. Whatever the cause, very sad situation.