Missing Malaysian flight

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Satellites seem to have a whole lot less ability that we assume, given what's turned up and how long it has taken

workmx

Banned
Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 'crash site found' by Chinese satellite

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...hinese-satellite/story-fnizu68q-1226853195656

A CHINESE satellite looking into the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has "observed a suspected crash area at sea", in what experts say is the first solid lead in the search for the missing plane.
Three satellite images, published by China's State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry, appear to show wreckage fragments in the sea on Sunday - one day after the jet carrying 239 people disappeared.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
300 km SE of Vung Tau is nowhere near the flight path and in the opposite direction to where RADAR allegedly tracked the flight heading.

The daft scaffolder (I'll bet you $100 he was a scaff) probably got confused by the flare tower.
Leave the scaffolders alone, without them knocking all our instruments, LEL detectors and blocking the open path detectors we would be out of the job.

workmx

Banned
US regulators warned of problems on Boeing 777 aircraft

http://www.livemint.com/Home-Page/x...lators-warned-of-problems-on-Boeing-777s.html

Washington: Months before Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 mysteriously vanished, US regulators warned of a “cracking and corrosion” problem on Boeing 777s that could lead to a mid-air breakup and drastic drop in cabin pressure.

The revelation comes amid a desperate search for traces of the plane with 239 people on board, which lost contact with air traffic control at around 1730 GMT Friday, about an hour after take-off from Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing.

“We are issuing this AD (Airworthiness Directive) to detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage skin, which could lead to rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity of the airplane,” the Federal Aviation Administration said.

During a sudden drop in cabin pressure, the crew and passengers can become unconscious, leaving no one at the controls of the affected aircraft

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If a plane can crash into the Pentagon and they never find a trace of it (apart from DNA of all/most passengers), what hope can you have for this missing plane?
but there was no plane that crashed into the pentagon. it was blown up by the air force and the CIA planted a truck bomb at the pentagon as a cover.

Sic

Likes Dirt
but there was no plane that crashed into the pentagon. it was blown up by the air force and the CIA planted a truck bomb at the pentagon as a cover.
My sarcasm meter is malfunctioning, I cant tell if thats a joke or not....

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I wouldn't read too much into AD's that are issued in accordance with inspection intervals. If there are any issues that require immediate attention the aircraft are grounded until the issue is fixed.

There are over 100 current AD's on the 777, including addressing potential fatigue cracking in areas where logos are installed.

It's 'ironing out bugs' that are always going to be present with any young aircraft type.

Full list of AD's here

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the next move ....
Fact 1: Although one 777 has been confirmed missing for a small number of hours in a geographic location that may or may not be in the Malaysian coordinated search zones, the relatively small number of hours it has been missing are statistically insignificant compared the to the total flying time of the global 777 fleet. I have applied this principle using a modern calculator, based upon the 'swag' principle as applied by the Malaysians in the SAR zoning, and came to the conclusion that the likelihood of missing hours gaining traction on flying hours is more like 8 sigma and growing, indicating this type of event is more remote than the higgs boson theory existence which by quick poke of the calculator in close to 5 sigma or 1 in 1.3499 million.
Fact 2: the 777 aircraft is designed not to disappear, backed by the fact that all but one are accounted, including the ones that have crashed prior to this event. The one that is currently missing is somewhat of a statistical anomaly and should therefore be excluded from record and any further assumptions relating to the missing flight or 777's in general.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
300 km SE of Vung Tau is nowhere near the flight path and in the opposite direction to where RADAR allegedly tracked the flight heading.

The daft scaffolder (I'll bet you $100 he was a scaff) probably got confused by the flare tower.
You sir, are a pretty sad individual. Poor bloke just sent something in just in case it would help someone find something for the families of the people on board, did you even read his email?
Who gives a fuck what he does for a job?!

Give yourself a bit of an uppercut for that one.

Anyway,
Just reading now that they are saying they cant confirm what they found is even from the plane - I wish someone would find and confirm something so I can get back to my measly existence :smash:

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Scaffolder ^^^^^
Haha, Project Design Engineer actually but im not getting into a pissing contest with you.

Anyway my point is why the fuck are you slagging the poor bloke off for trying to help? What are you trying to do to help?
He saw something he THINKS might be important and has left it up to the pros to do with it as they please.
That is all :cheer2:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haha, Project Design Engineer actually but im not getting into a pissing contest with you.

Anyway my point is why the fuck are you slagging the poor bloke off for trying to help? What are you trying to do to help?
He saw something he THINKS might be important and has left it up to the pros to do with it as they please.
That is all :cheer2:
Just checking in...I have looked out my office window and not seen any signs of a missing/wrecked plane. Just a wrecked city. I will keep you posted if anything changes.

Also saw some scaffolding. I'll check with the boys.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Do you also believe the towers collapsed due to the fires?
Of course not! Everyone knows the Illuminati used the Scientologists martian death rays at the behest of the Christian Judeo mafia in a ploy to start a war in the Middle East to control the oil and expand Israel.

As if anyone would believe that commercial airliners full of av gas crashed into domestic buildings causing an insanely hot fire would cause buildings to collapse. What sort if idiot do you take me for?

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't read too much into AD's that are issued in accordance with inspection intervals. If there are any issues that require immediate attention the aircraft are grounded until the issue is fixed.

There are over 100 current AD's on the 777, including addressing potential fatigue cracking in areas where logos are installed.

It's 'ironing out bugs' that are always going to be present with any young aircraft type.

Full list of AD's here
Plus the AD that the article talks about doesn't apply to the Malaysian plane as it has different Satellite antennas than the one that they found the cracks on (I also heard that the one with the cracks had done heaps more cycles than most others).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Of course not! Everyone knows the Illuminati used the Scientologists martian death rays at the behest of the Christian Judeo mafia in a ploy to start a war in the Middle East to control the oil and expand Israel.

As if anyone would believe that commercial airliners full of av gas crashed into domestic buildings causing an insanely hot fire would cause buildings to collapse. What sort if idiot do you take me for?
Glad we sorted that out.