Missing Malaysian flight

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
So I'm thinking we're pretty close to saying that the flight has been "stolen" rather than crashed.

Flight 'disappears' at the exact point it hands over to the Vietnamese. Aircraft seems to have taken a turn only an experienced pilot could make and headed in a completely different direction, flying in a manner making tracking much more difficult. Aircraft is recorded in the air for 4-5 hours after it disappeared, flight is thought to have passed through a number of waypoints suggesting conscious and planned navigation by an experienced pilot. No wreckage has been found. Remove any number of these points and you've still got too much for coincidence.

Lots of people in lots of capital cities will be getting very little sleep for a while.

Minlak

custom titis
So I'm thinking we're pretty close to saying that the flight has been "stolen" rather than crashed.

Flight 'disappears' at the exact point it hands over to the Vietnamese. Aircraft seems to have taken a turn only an experienced pilot could make and headed in a completely different direction, flying in a manner making tracking much more difficult. Aircraft is recorded in the air for 4-5 hours after it disappeared, flight is thought to have passed through a number of waypoints suggesting conscious and planned navigation by an experienced pilot. No wreckage has been found. Remove any number of these points and you've still got too much for coincidence.

Lots of people in lots of capital cities will be getting very little sleep for a while.
I am starting to agree with this. I was thinking what's the "end game" if it was hijacking surely we would have had someone claim it or demand something. The only reason not to do this is if the plane is still needed for something and they don't want attention yet. The two scenarios I favour ATM are Armageddon or the plane crashed during the attempt of hijacking and crashed way off course.

Either scenario doesn't bode well for the passengers. Flying bomb with 200 hostages who is going to shoot that down?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Working theory at the moment would have to be plane landed somewhere that has little radar coverage or it can not raise attention. Passengers are dead or to be used for bargaining. Aircraft is to be used at a later date for another, most likely nefarious purpose.

The manifest is already out there and no one has come up with any person of interest on the flight.

I wonder what was in the cargo.

Minlak

custom titis
I'm tipping the cargo was a shipment of Yeti SB66 carbon frames they do seem to be in demand.

I am still flabbergasted that we can lose a plane these things are not small. The vest explanation I have heard so far is that most of the equipment is used to make sure planes don't hit other planes. Turn the stuff off that does this and boom gone quicker than a David copperfield Statue of Liberty.

The most interesting fact is USA now not even talking to Malaysia or pretending too any more. They are just releasing their own info which lends huge weight to terrorism. USA have resources people don't even know about.

floody

Wheel size expert
I'd say *if* stolen and landed, the passengers are likely all dead. 200 hostages would be pretty well collateral if they plan to use the plane itself, and any communication with intention of ransoming them would just heighten chances of being rumbled.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Human shields.
I doubt they would carry much value in modern society...200 vs how many thousand lives?

- the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
- the ends justifies the means.

While Dr Spock and Kissinger still impact our mindset those 200 people are (sadly) in trouble.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So the plane was now tracked flying out towards the Andaman Sea.

Do you know who had a secret lair in that neighbourhood?

Scaramanga. (AKA The Man With The Golden Gun)

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Like Ocean Eleven?

Wow! Tom Clancy might be dead but if this is true we don't need him to write his novels.

I am still flabbergasted that we can lose a plane these things are not small. The vest explanation I have heard so far is that most of the equipment is used to make sure planes don't hit other planes. Turn the stuff off that does this and boom gone quicker than a David copperfield Statue of Liberty.
But whatever security measure you put in place its just a matter of time before someone figure out a way around it.

I think Malaysia also have alot to answer for: the military radar picked up an unidentified flying object wouldn't they wanted to find out what it is?

EDIT:

UMMM.... Ok than.....Can someone come and pinch me and make sure I am not dreaming?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/andaman-nicobar-earthquake/

Last edited:

wavike

Likes Dirt
I find it hard to believe a plane that size could fly anyway near a country/land and not be picked up by military radar and challenged. Plane shot down by ? and noones talking.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Its been given as a gift for lil Kim in north Korea. Not sure what great victory it is in celebration of, but he is a great leader so probably deserves it.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I find it hard to believe a plane that size could fly anyway near a country/land and not be picked up by military radar and challenged. Plane shot down by ? and noones talking.
Well you'd think so but the bottom line is that this aircraft has disappeared so I guess that means it is possible to fly around and not be picked up.

An airliner like that being shot down would have turned up any number of ways - Satellite pics would spot the large resulting smoke cloud, the debris would be everywhere, etc.

Honestly, I think we have to start seriously considering that Scaramanga wasn't properly dealt with by 007 as we had first thought.

Get me Team America on the line. It's time we called in the big guns on this one.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Following all this the great website news.com.au is now claiming it was hijacked which leads me to the question, why doesn't any commercial plane have a GPS signal that cannot be turned off?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, as soon as it came out that the aircraft had been in the air for over 4 hours after the coms were dropped AND it flew through waypoints it's pretty hard to think that it hadn't been hijacked.

floody

Wheel size expert
We need Team Captain America!

[video=youtube;1M5GjeIeDpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5GjeIeDpk[/video]