Mixed drinks?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grey Goose used to be great, before mass market appeal sold them to shit... Belvedere is easily better!!

Lorday

Eats Squid
Hahahaha vodka is a rant you DON'T want to get me started on ;)
Oh thats a shame, I was just going to comment that mishka vodka has a bear on the front and therefore it's better because it's a russian bear. Russian's are like what cubians are to cigars, but to vodka, so mishka vodka must be good? :)

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn was hoping that would spark some discussion! Alright here's a recipe I use at work for the bourbon drinkers:

Vanilla & chocolate Old fashioned:

3cl Makers Mark (or above)
2cl Liqor 43 (vanilla liqueur)
2cl Creme de cacao

Pour over ice and stir for about a minute (dilution is key)

Strain over fresh ice and serve with an orange twist :D

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Brought in the New Year with a few "Burgundys", as the Canadian Club Facebook termed them.

• Rocks glass +ice
  • Canadian Club
  • Dry ginger
  • Splash of cranberry juice

I added a wedge of lime. Ladies loved it as well.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anybody know where you can buy Fernet Branca? Doesn't necessarily have to be Branca, but it is preferable.

gregb

Likes Dirt
This link may be of assistance.

Never really been a big fan of the mixed drinks beyond Vodka, Lime & Soda or Burbon/Rum/Scotch & soda, but as a bit of a booze nerd I like to know the details.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
This week i have been mostly drinking Gin and Tonics with shitloads of lime, fresh coriander and sliced chilli.

I've not really seen it elsewhere so I'm naming it: a Lumphini.

oldstinky75

Likes Dirt
Damn was hoping that would spark some discussion! Alright here's a recipe I use at work for the bourbon drinkers:

Vanilla & chocolate Old fashioned:

3cl Makers Mark (or above)
2cl Liqor 43 (vanilla liqueur)
2cl Creme de cacao

Pour over ice and stir for about a minute (dilution is key)

Strain over fresh ice and serve with an orange twist :D
That sounds the absolute business. Got my tastebuds tingling just thinking about it. Cheers.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I bought some Limoncello the other day after remembering someone mention it on here, perhaps in another thread. I've been keeping it in the freezer and drinking it straight up, which is nice and refreshing, especially after a meal. Any tips on what I should mix it with?

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Hot shots

Take a shot of tequila (preferably with scorpions in it) layer in a couple if mills of the hottest nastiest hot sauce you can source. Hot shots. Wild enough to kill a heroin addict.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought some Limoncello the other day after remembering someone mention it on here, perhaps in another thread. I've been keeping it in the freezer and drinking it straight up, which is nice and refreshing, especially after a meal. Any tips on what I should mix it with?
I have two limoncello cocktails at my work, a clean martini style and another that I love, the Spring Fling; goes like this:
30ml limoncello
20ml strawberry liqueur
30ml lemon juice
dash of egg white
1-2 finely chopped strawberries :)

shake and serve old fashioned, can sweeten it with some sugar if you prefer!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Thanks hach_bee, I'll get some Strawberry Liqueur and give it a try!

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Still thinking about that Halloween zombie shooter ... been to Bankstown looking for it and it was bugger all.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That sounds the absolute business. Got my tastebuds tingling just thinking about it. Cheers.
Hahah thanks, I learn from one of the best!

Still thinking about that Halloween zombie shooter ... been to Bankstown looking for it and it was bugger all.
You know what, you've got me thinking you might have been served an oyster shot. Whilst it doesn't explain the moving (how wasted were you??? ;) ) but it makes sense? Fucking awful thing I don't know why ANYONE would even think of it hahah

Lorday

Eats Squid
Yeh I made some redskin vodka (for shots) for new years. I drank most of it actually - passed out before 11.

In other news: Solo and southern comfort. For those who don't like southern comfort (like my mate who hates it and me who also dislikes it) it's a fanastic drink.