mmm Beer..!

Dane

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
I don't drink 'Carleton Dirt' but that is a sweet ad.
Great Ad, Mediocre Beer.

Must admit though, if I'm trying to pick between that and others like VB, Tooheys Red and Melbourne Bitter, Draught usually comes out on top. Guess it depends on the size of that weeks paycheck. Coopers Pale Ale is still my weapon of choice, although I don't mind a good pilsner these days.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Reschs if i am poor (most of the time),
VB if Reschs not available on tap
Coopers Red (Sparkling Ale) id I am rich & want to get trashed quickly
Becks if I am rich & just chillin' yo
Corona on 1st Hot day of summer (or at mexican restaurant)

But in all honesty I would drink pretty much any beer if it all that is available :)

nickz

Likes Dirt
Tsing Tao if I'm rich or in a Chinese restaurant
Bohemia if I'm in California (currently)
Becks, Pilsner Urquell, Budvar, Coopers Sparkling, Hahn Premium are all great, basically none of those darker coloured beers.
VB or New cans for a big day on the piss .

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah well, I love Carlton draught - IMO it's better than VB..

When I'm cashed up, I drink Coopers Sparkling - it's like an aussie beer. not a fan of Coopers Pale Ale - tastes too much like a euro beer to me..

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder & beer is in the buds of the beerholder I guess?

Honourable mentions...
Melbourne Bitter,
Victoria Bitter,
and I hate to admit it but...
Corona (without lemon or lime) on a hot day is actually not too bad - nice 'n' fizzy...

Hall of shame..
Geelong Bitter
Any witbeer..

But hey - the ad was great!

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
that ad better be on tele, so i can have some more laughs.!

i put cartlon up above VB and extradrys.. but will go a strongarm over it anyday. in the end what ever is on sale for that week will be in my hand.

Last edited:
bryce said:
XXXX Gold is the only way to go!!
You don't even live in QLD.

XXXX is redneck beer.

Good add. But crownies are the best.

Oh and TED is for guys with no hair on their balls. Drink New if you love your Tooheys.

StormFire

Likes Dirt
Guardian Giant said:
You don't even live in QLD.

XXXX is redneck beer.

Good add. But crownies are the best.

Oh and TED is for guys with no hair on their balls. Drink New if you love your Tooheys.
Yeah...and lets all take advice on beer from a 13 year old. :confused:

Crownies are overated, they're too expensive and don't even taste all that great...if i have a choice of pulling a crownie or a VB out of a bucket of ice...i'll go the VB everytime.

Carlton Draught isn't too bad, but i get sick of it if i drink it for a while, and so always go back to VB.

Coopers is also pretty decent...though i prefer the sparkling ale. But we only ever buy beer at home when there's a party on, otherwise we just stick to homebrew most of the time (mmmmm....honey beer).

I've grown to like german beer since i've been over here aswell, helles is a lot like draught type beers but with a bit more of a hopsy flavour to it...and weißbeer is like nothing back home...it's just tasty and filling at the same time, although it does take a bit of getting used to sometimes. I'm pretty keen to get back to drinking australian beer when i get back home though.

scottmeister

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember "Pils" in germany. Was a great beer. Plus all the other german braus, some of my favourites. Asahi isn't too bad too.

Whatever tickles your fancy really, I usually try a new beer everytime I get some. Plus, no legal drinking age limit in germany = :cool:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Another Coopers fan here - pale or sparkling :cool:

Montieths is my personal favourite though ;) The Kiwi's are actually good at something! :p

sasser

Likes Dirt
coopers pale ale all the way.
vb is good for those times when ulook into your wallet and are greeted by shrapnel.
and german beer is shit! its so bloody sweet, im yet to have a good german beer, and they drink so bloody much of it( for brekkie even) that you'd think they at least have a good nectar!.

anywho, i have said it for years, and will continue to say it, beer is the nectar of the god's.

Last edited:

StormFire

Likes Dirt
pils in germany is no good...that's like the 'trendy' drink that everyone drinks in clubs and stuff, and i can only drink it when i'm already half pissed, otherwise i can't really stand it, it's not too bad, but there's definately better options in my opinion.

And the other thing is that pretty much every city has their own beers, like i'm in ingolstadt which is about 100,000 people or so, and they have 3 local breweries...and it's pretty much the same whereever you go...so german beer depends a lot on where you actually are. All i can say is that bavarian beer sits well with me. And Franziskaner is definately one of bavaria's nicer beers, it originates from monks who started brewing beer while fasting during lent afterall to break up the boredom afterall !