Mnt Joyce Shuttles

jawry

Likes Dirt
First time at Mount Joyce (SE Qld) on Sunday.

Awesome trails - I will never be good enough to ride all the features - but i'll sure as shit try to get there.

Just a comment on the shuttle service by Brisbane Mountain Bike Shuttles (I tried commenting on the facebook page but could not seem to get the comment to stick - passion fingers perhaps)

Great service, very comfortable and secure.

A little disappointed in the turn-a-round time. There were (at my best count) 30 to 35 riders with only one shuttle vehicle (10 per ride).

I suspect Doppo was caught out by inconsiderate pricks who did not bother to RSVP on facebook or by phone.

Still - that seems to be the way people operate these days.

As a suggestion - people who RSVP get preference up to a MAXIMUM number per shuttle vehicle. Non RSVP'ers will soon get the message when they are turned away. More people will RSVP, Doppo will be able to plan his days better to provide the best service possible and still turn a profit.

I may have it all wrong - but there where quite a few people mumblefucking under their breath regarding the turn a round times.

Not complaining - had a great and enjoyable day - but as a consumer I must provide feedback

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yeah, that's definitely under resourced for that number of riders.. you really can't run shuttle days without knowing how many riders to cater for, usually down here in Vic it is made very clear you must pre book a spot, no showing up on the day. No booking, no riding. Simple and effective. It's not fair on those that book to have a truck load of others just rock up on the day and cause big delays. No one gets their moneys or times worth in that situation.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Yep, having enough room on the shuttles to accomodate all riders is how it should be done, irrespective of whether or not all of them get to the bottom at the same time. Having to queue is something that (unfortunately) only happens on race weekends.

jawry

Likes Dirt
Got a response from Doppo - thanks for that mate.

To be clear - the service was great and I would be more than happy to use every weekend (if someone can get the Boss to sign the leave slips).

Guess my real comment is against people who don't book - which can fuck everyone up.

jawry

Likes Dirt
Yep, having enough room on the shuttles to accomodate all riders is how it should be done, irrespective of whether or not all of them get to the bottom at the same time. Having to queue is something that (unfortunately) only happens on race weekends.
Was not a race weekend - just casual ride day.

darsh

Likes Dirt
Jawry,

Think you are being very polite and diplomatic. Until someone speaks up, service/ attitude wont improve.
You know i did the same number of runs hiking/ biking back up midweek ? !

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've booked before and it doesn't mean much when there's 30-40 ppl in front of you which equates to a ~1hr before you'll be up top and riding. In that scenario it is def faster to have a 10min rest and ride back up at a leisurely pace.

So I agree with your sentiment that the dude could plan his business and optimise/expand his resources if he applied that preferential rule when there's more punters than spots to understand how the overflow could be serviced. But from a punter perspective until that happens a day of shuttles as planned/signed up to cannot be assumed and I'm sure has lead to people reconsidering where they are going to ride. That said, from the dude's perspective, if his shuttle trucks are full, maybe that's not so important. To the dude, this is just observation, I'm not complaining as I think it's an awesome service you provide (clearly out of passion for the sport) and more riding is good for me anyway.