Mongoose frame warranty?

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
115 bids already and 9 days to go is wack. Retro goes nuts sometimes.

I just checked the Cyclesoups https://www.cyclesoups.com/
Something is up there or it is the bargain of the decade. I'm tempted to Paypal a Siskiu right now. Wow....
fark, im tempted, can chargeback if not legit

having a different logo to the url is kinda dodge though

further looking suggests its not legit, to be expected

Last edited:

nampla

Likes Bikes
Well, I do not like threads where someone asks the question, but never writes about the outcomes - so here is the end of the story about the warranty claim for 16 yo cracked frame.
It took some time and emails till I found Monza Imports, the distributor for Mongoose, GT, Cannondale, and many other brands. They were very sympathetic, asked me to bring the bike to one of the local shops for assessment, photos, etc. and a couple weeks later they gave me brand new GT Avalanche Elite 2019 (next year model, not yet in the shops) - rather nice bike, similar in purpose and level of components to my old Mongoose.
So, kudos to Monza Imports for standing by their products and the warranties, and being nice to deal with and generous!

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
So good. But you need to supply the pics! They've changed the triple triangle these days right?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Well, I do not like threads where someone asks the question, but never writes about the outcomes - so here is the end of the story with the warranty claim for 16 yo cracked frame.
I took some time and emails till I found Monza Imports, the distributor for Mongoose, GT, Cannondale, and many other brands. They were very sympathetic, asked me to bring the bike to one of the local shops for assessment, photos, etc. and a couple weeks later they gave me brand new GT Avalanche Elite 2019 (next year model, not yet in the shops) - rather nice bike, similar in purpose and level of components to my old Mongoose.
So, kudos to Monza Imports for standing by their products and the warranties, and being nice to deal with and generous!
I'd like to think that if you are an original owner that rode the crap out of it for 16+ years that they'd just give you a new frame and keep the other one for the trophy wall. Kind of like how honda give this dude a new hodna ccord when he ticked over 1 million miles.

Well done mate made my Friday!

nampla

Likes Bikes
I'd like to think that if you are an original owner that rode the crap out of it for 16+ years that they'd just give you a new frame and keep the other one for the trophy wall. Kind of like how honda give this dude a new hodna ccord when he ticked over 1 million miles.

Well done mate made my Friday!
Thanks! It was sad leaving the old frame behind, we had lots of fun together. While I had other bikes alongside it, I used that one all the time. And swapping just the frame wouldn't quite work as nicely, with old Mongoose being 26" wheels, and new bike is 29er

safreek

Nar, offer a life time warranty to the original purchaser I say honour it.
Better yet give him a cheapo bike to show what legends they are.
Gooo mongoose
They listened to me, thought they would be legends, op deserved this outcome, bikeshop shows they are legends.
Goooo mongoose

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Holy shit! I thought for a second my 18 yo Mongoose might have to "develop a crack", but I couldn't do it to an old friend...

But that is an astounding outcome!