Mont 24 Hour Race 2015 - March 28-29

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet - the Far East descents have to be my favourite runs out there, there is a particular flow to them that just picks up silly amounts of speed. It will be extra nice to ride it without constantly dodging pine cones (there is going to be a pine cone sweep? Please...?)
Good bunnyhop practice

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bit tricky when cranked over at speed with a light front end through the dips... I doubt though it will be a problem after the first hundred bikes go through, any errant cones will have been "found".

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
Can't wait for the race, totally pumped..... Im still trying to decide what to bring (hard tail or duelie).

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Rode the course on the weekend - all sorts of fun! Came across someone setting up some type of 'spider cam' camera over one of the berms on Carver too - looked like it'd be able to take some awesome footage.

Numbers seem way down this year though...about half the riders compared to last year. Signs the market's becoming saturated?

Klips

Likes Dirt
I think that there's a definite increase in market saturation (see also Capital Punishment running for the last time due to massive decrease in numbers), but also the events of last year may have made people think twice. For me personally it was the former - either ride Mont or Easter in the Alice which is the following weekend, I chose the latter.

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
I'm taking both.
Nice, I've since decided to only take the Trance but bring some spare hoops. Last year I busted a spoke on my Easton Haven and they didn't have parts :-(, so I'll be prepared this time :)

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
I should however say that by them not having the parts wasn't a reflection on the ability to help fix stuff for people, the bike mechanics were great.
I ended up having to the the parts from NZ, so it was never going to happen any way.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
2015 Highlights

This is what a Mont 24 looks and feels like. A weekend full of bike love, family, friends, freshly ground beans and healthy amounts of bacon. Many thanks to Vertigo Vision for putting this video together for us. Ride the Kow!
[video]https://youtu.be/2hcBhjTW0ws[/video]