MONT 24HR 2012 - team formation

hahah yea i went OTB, im all good wilddemon thanks for showin me around Appin.
I might be going away this weekend pending weather, which day did you want to go? saturday or sunday?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
hahah yea i went OTB, im all good wilddemon thanks for showin me around Appin.
I might be going away this weekend pending weather, which day did you want to go? saturday or sunday?
I`m trying to get him to come and race a SCUM round on sunday . Appin is a killer track isn`t it . Every time i go down that creek crossing its with my heart in my mouth . Once i went OTB on a loose rock just before the drop and managed to stop from falling off the drop . Cursed myself many times and tried again next lap .Last time we rode there i washed out big time on one sandy corner joked that that was not going to be the last and then proceeded to have a head on with a tree . The tree snapped in half , but i`m not going to tell you it was a small one it was bloddy huge !:)

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Penultimate update

hey Burners!

Only a couple of sleeps til the mont. Thanks everyone for input and encouragement. I've gotten some great advice and it really helped. I've gone from just under 90 kg to 76.5 kg in a few months thanks to training. I'm not as strong as my elite mates but I bet I'm a lot more excited right now.

Good luck everyone and have a safe ride.

demon

Variateur

Likes Bikes
Mont 2012 Trails - Traffic Warning :)

Happy trails!

Watch out for extra wide loads on the trails - Team 'Big Test Icicles' is out in force...causing controversy again!

See you at the Mont!

churchsign(1).jpg

NoBMoB Mont Jersey Team Big Test Icicles.JPG

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Final Update

Hey burners!

well the Mont is over apart from sunburn, nipple chaff, sore muscles and of course the euphoric feeling for having completed something like that. We rode as a team of 5 and did 18 laps. 1 mechanical and a couple of late arrivals at transition put us behind a bit but for the most part we were really well disciplined which is a great effort considering the overnight temps and that wetness in the air.

I am now familiar with that strange phenomenon of lap dodging and flirted with it a little before my third at 5 am. I think that there is some genuineness behind all of it; I mean no sleep, overworked digestive system, sore muscles, cold can be difficult to overcome mentally and physically. It's a real test of character. I commend all my team mates for their efforts. Collectively we kept a rider out for all but a few minutes so we should be pretty damn proud of that. I'm sure the experience has been positive for most of the 2800 riders.

Thanks to the organisers and sponsors, and the Kowalski Brothers and Co for some amazing single track, it really was exceptional under any conditions let alone the wet conditions of the last few weeks. Yeah there were some slow sections, and by the end a couple of bogs and some loose rock but considering the traffic I give it A+++.

Thanks also to my team mates (and wives :) ) and all of the other competitors for making it an amazing and unforgettable experience. On track it was great that everyone showed consideration for and courtesy to each other. In my short time riding I've come to expect this from mountain bike riders and I wasn't disappointed. The excitement and enthusiasm was evident by their preparation and performance. Congratulations to everyone!

And again thanks to all you Burners for your support. I hope you had a great Mont. When the muscles feel normal again I'll probably contemplate 2013 ;)

Demon

PS. Variateur I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with a Big Test Icicle in transition, and seen one dangling from a pack riding up 'Love Child'. Great Jersey!