Mont 24hr

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Does anyone have any idea when entries for the Mont are opening?

I,m going overseas for a few weeks and wont have access to the interweb thingie. Would be gutted to come back and find out that the rider quota is full.

Thanks

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Ride the Bird in 2009!

Entries will open sometime in November.

We can't say which day just yet, but those who raced last year, and those who have been emailing me asking when entries will open (and yep, there's stacks of you...) will receive an email announcement a few days before the system goes live.

All I can say is it might be a real good idea to get your team together now, have your team's information ready to go and please note that payment guarantees your team a place at the Mont.

Cheers, and see you at the Mont.

Now go ride your bike.

Regards
Mont24Team

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Havnt seen much discussion on this since entries have opened? Whos in, we entered the other day. Were the Cinnamon Boys in the team of 6 cat.

It may be because i havnt had to enter a 24hr for a while, but do you guys agree its realy expensive? It ended up being something like $850 because it didnt except any of our MTBA licsense and from what I can tell, we didnt have any choice on the edtional $10 per person camping fee.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
i think 120-140 a head is pretty standard for a 24. if your boys have mtba licenses they should be able to get their refund on the day so long as they roll up with their cards.

I'm in, team of 4. should be a nice, ragged taper before the solo nats at easter... assuming they're still on - haven't seen anything about them from corc yet... anyway, we have 2 experienced 24ers and 2 newbies (1 hasn't actually raced before, let alone ridden at night) so it should be interesting. i can see the 2 newbies going back to bed in the early hours of sunday leaving 2 of us to man the pumps...

gixer7

Likes Dirt
In for a team of 4 - can't wait never ridden Sparrow Hill. Should be a bunch of fun.

No problem with the price or camping fee - is pretty standard.

Cha_Cha_ - solo nat's. Mate of mine has confirmed with CORC it is still on w/e after Mont 24. You going SS solo??

I'm thinking of doing 6+6 but was conditional on me getting a new Anthem X0 - but with all the price rises that aint gonna happen anytime soon :( Don't fancy riding 12 hours at Majura on a HT.

So looks like I'll be support only.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
In with a team of 4.
I love Sparrows so really looking forward to this.
From some things I saw elsewhere today it may be one of the last times we get to enjoy the Sparrows complex for a while : (

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Cha_Cha_ - solo nat's. Mate of mine has confirmed with CORC it is still on w/e after Mont 24. You going SS solo??

I'm thinking of doing 6+6 but was conditional on me getting a new Anthem X0 - but with all the price rises that aint gonna happen anytime soon :( Don't fancy riding 12 hours at Majura on a HT.

So looks like I'll be support only.
6+6 definitely, probably ss, not sure if i have the training time to try and go solo but if i do solo i will take the gearie.

Garrath

Likes Dirt
Pure speculation but maybe it's time for the chainsaws to come in.

Otherwise beware the Knights of Ni whose current discussion on the use of lances while competing at the Mont is causing just a little friction amongst its members. :)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
In with a team of 4.
I love Sparrows so really looking forward to this.
From some things I saw elsewhere today it may be one of the last times we get to enjoy the Sparrows complex for a while : (
Care to elaborate??
The plans for the upgrade of the Kings Highway have the new road going right through it, and, yes, there are harvesting plans as well - but they don't appear to be being implemented on time.

But wait until you see the plans for the upgrade of Majura Road and see what that does to the tracks at Majura :cool:

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Sparrow Hill I can handle, but Majura is another story. majura should be heritage listed, its like where mountain biking originated in Canberra. And with the exception of sutton road, they are the only old school tracks in canberra. does this not mean anything to the ACT gov! :rolleyes:

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I'm considering this, there's an opportunity to join a team of six, should be fun! Time's probably running short to get it sorted but the website doesn't say it's full yet :)

Bit daunting as a first race but there's a bit of time to get the old bod prepared :cool: and stock up on painkillers...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Pure speculation but maybe it's time for the chainsaws to come in.

I rode a couple of laps at Sparrow Hill the other day on holiday and was impressed by the quality of trail considering the lack of elevation.

I meet the trail builder (Paul) at the trail head and he said that they are going to do a harvest, but their only going to take out every 5th row to let some more light in and its not going to happen until after the Mont.

On the plus side he said it will give him a chance to improve some of the lines, so it should be a around for a while yet.

Corty

Likes Dirt
Forrest Thinning

... they are going to do a harvest, but their only going to take out every 5th row to let some more light in ...
Having seen first hand thinning done at Majura and Tuggers many years ago, they pretty much destroy all the single track with the heavy machinery used in the process.:( But hey you can't fear change, perhaps we'll now get that 6ft kicker at the end of Bobsled :D

frameskin

Squid
Entries closing soon.

There is only a few weeks left before entries close and right now the entries are coming in pretty fast. We may fill up before the cut-off date of Sunday 22nd February 2009. Get your entries in now!

If you do miss a place to race in this years Mont, why not come down for a fun weekend anyway. Hang out or even help out, we'd be glad to see you there. There's going to be a pub band on Friday night to welcome riders, bike demos and a range of food vendors on hand so you can cater less and kick back more.

Go to www.mont24.com.au and click through to online entry.